If one uses Factory Assets and Connectors to configure a new piece of equipment on a Factory Layout, it would be handy to publish this new equipment configuration as its own Factory Asset, from the Factory Layout environment. This is similar to the idea of "Creating Assets using Assets". Hope all is well and have a blessed day!
Problem: Asset Chain Graphics is only a polyline when first created and requries a round trip for update. The polyline graphics are not effective or desirebale by the user and therefore may not be used.
Idea: Have a update graphics button (right click on Asset?) that would roundtrip the polyline to generate the planview graphics.
The user can specify in Inventor or AutoCAD the order that an asset is placed in a project. Factory Asset attributes can be used to specify the phase and/or order a given asset is commissioned. This information can be interpreted by Navisworks for the 4D / timeliner process.
i´m testing the labs tool Process Simulation 360 and i think it is a great tool and easy to use. But i don´t know the meaning of MTTR and MTBF and there is no discription.
And now my idea:
Create my layout in ACAD Architecture and put in all of my material flow, product and so on. Export an XML or something else and load it in this new labs tool. In Process Simulation 360 i want to check out if my layout can reach my output or what happen if my processor is faster, slower or stops for 2 hours because of a crash in the maschine.
A nice to have: All operations and stations are in Process Simulation 360 from my ACAD layout export.
Next: Process Simulation 360 integrated in Factory Design Suite 2013.
Currently, only assets will snap to a 2D drawing overlay in a factory layout. We need the ability to snap to that overlay during other functions as well such as sketching or just taking measurments. This is VERY frustrating not having this ability.
Several customers have now requested that FDS allow users to compute the Return On Investment for their projects. This would allow users to understand project costs earlier in the design phase and have faster iteration of design optimization.
- Examine project costs to make sure designs are within budget
- Study several different designs to see which has the best results (is my design getting better or worse with these options?)
- Simplify the transfer of cost data to analysts for a comprehensive study
How it could work:
- Factory assets have attributes associated with costs (machine cost, consumables, energy consumption, throughput, utilization, yield, etc). Some of these are standard, some are user created, all are populated with user data.
- Assets are placed as required in a project or layout
- User selects relevant portions of a project and layout and exports to spreadsheet
- Cost attributes of selected assets are placed in a spreadsheet for calculation
- Optionally, users can select a spreadsheet template for the type of analysis they want to perform