cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Reference BUT normal in Drawing

BOM Reference BUT normal in Drawing

Hello,

in many cases it would be helful to have the opportunity to mark a Part/Assets as a reference but keep it normal in the drawing. Therefore it would be great to have another Version of "Reference"!

- Not in the BOM

- Normal in Drawing (also the coloured view)

Regards

6 Comments
XuesongBai
Alumni

Right now the referenced asset are displated as dash line in Inventor drawing And not show in BOM. That is not working for you.

-Xuesong

mk92
Collaborator

Thanks for your reply! No not really.

A great scenario is:

If you hava a conveyor line and there is machinery of other companys we place them in the 3D Layout. But we dont want them to be in our BOM. We place them on an extra Layer (+Layer Color to 3D) but in our drawing they are shown with dash lines or normal lines but there is no possiblity to show them with the layer color.

XuesongBai
Alumni

Hi again,

As you know, the Layer in FDS is not associated with the layer in Inventor drawing.

As a workaround, you need to separately set the layer for the reference part/assembly in FDS and Inventor drawing.

Reference Layer.png

Thanks,

-Xuesong

XuesongBai
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

avhsalesengineer
Enthusiast

This idea describes a bug instead of an idea...;) It would be really helpfull for us to show references as normal.

avhsalesengineer
Enthusiast

Meanwhile someone not from this forum helped me out on this problem. It works at least for multi level sales layouts with top level parts list only. I did not test this on multi level production/engineering layouts with multi level parts lists.

The problem of the initiator of this topic would i.m.o. be solved if you turn all parts with geometry, but without part number to default bom structure 'Phantom', including all sub levels if they are present.

It will not appear on any parts list, but it will be visible like a normal part (also shaded/colored if necessary).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report