Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fusion 360 wrapping function for Mach3 in MM only

62 REPLIES 62
Message 1 of 63
daniel_lyall
4603 Views, 62 Replies

fusion 360 wrapping function for Mach3 in MM only

Here is a new tool for everyone (Mach3 so far) this was done by @HughesTooling He did the post processor changes and the .f3d file I just asked for it, all credit for this goes to Mark he the Man with the getup and go to do this.

attached is the post processor and demo file for wrapping Y axis to A this post processor can be used to convert X or Y axis to A you just need to make sure radius correction is set to half diameter in the file the diameter is 50 so the correction is 25, and make sure the axis of rotation is set in tool paths under config in Mach3.

I have not tested this on a machine yet also your X, Y, Z and A axis zero's have to be set first before running it there are some small changes still to be done it will be reposted when done but it works and is useable.

any question ask here.

Edited by Request
Discussion_Admin

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

62 REPLIES 62
Message 2 of 63

Just a bit more info on the f3d file. The sketch uses parameters to draw a rectangle that represents the surface of the cylinder you want to machine on. Just edit the Dia and Height to suit your job.

Clipboard03.png

Thanks Mark

Edit. I need to do a bit of finishing on the post, mainly to zero all the axis at the start and at tool changes, someting like G0 X0. Y0. A0.

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 63

thanks @HughesTooling

I linked the Mach3 forum post back to here, do what is needed when you have time. I have said it needs zeroed first so if someone does not do that and has problem's it's on them

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 4 of 63
daniel_lyall
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Here is a update to the Mach3 wrapping function, zero all the axis at the start and at tool changes has been added (machine Zero, home), you just need to make sure that when the machine moves at the start of the run that it will not crash into anything, and when it goes to machine zero or the tool change location it will not crash.

the post prossesor and the .csv wrapping template is here with a copy in notepad, https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1KN_0ll_6soUUV6bmRFcWJYMVU&usp=sharing

a vid on setting up the paramaters is here https://youtu.be/y7NtJKP8YJQ

a vid on useing this function to put text on something and outputting to Mach3 and setting the radious correct is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL65HSxBquI

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 63

Hello,

I followed the videos and instructions exactly, but Mach3 toolpath never displays how yours does. all i see is a circle. What am i doing wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jarrod

Message 6 of 63

@jarrod.charleson you need to set rotational correction, also under config goto toolpath, and set your axis of rotation 

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 7 of 63

Thank you for your response. I have the rotation radius set and the axis of rotation set in toolpath on the y axis. This linked picture is what im getting in my toolpath screen. Thank you again

Message 8 of 63

@jarrod.charleson that looks wrong change the axis of rotation

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 9 of 63

I thought i messed up the axis of rotation also until i selected each one and they all look the same (attached). I have no idea what im doing wrong lol

Message 10 of 63

@jarrod.charleson can you post the file and Gcode

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 11 of 63

Here is the gcode. it wont let me post the stl 

Message 12 of 63

@jarrod.charleson the .f3d down load it from your A360 account, it is also inch, it does work but I will need your .f3d file so I can work out how to get it correct, it's y wraped along X so you need to select X as your axis of rotation, the radious correct not sure too I get your file

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 13 of 63

I made the file available to public, does that help? http://a360.co/22ZKJwP

Message 14 of 63

Here is the f3d file also. Thank you so much for your help and looking into this. All of my units of measure are inches. For this specific post processor do i need to run MM?

Message 15 of 63

@jarrod.charleson I get back to you soon, just need to get the correct radius it wont be 25 inch 

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 16 of 63

right, i put the radius correction to .9842 (25mm), but same results. Ive been smashing my head against a wall for a month over this issue lol 

Message 17 of 63
daniel_lyall
in reply to: daniel_lyall

@jarrod.charleson you have it in mm not inch it needs converted to inch

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 18 of 63

yes sir, I made this same item in both inches and mm to see if it would work. I attached my f3d for inches. 

Message 19 of 63

@jarrod.charleson if I do it in metric it's fine, if it's done in inch I only get a half circle I am doing a couple of vids now, to show posting to setting Mach3 in inch and metric

metric vid http://autode.sk/24e4jYD

inch vid http://autode.sk/1SGsSLT

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 20 of 63

I created another profile in Mach3 in MM and made sure toolpath and gen config settings were done. Changed settings in the post processor as you have done in the video and I am getting the same results. The other thing I noticed is that the name of your cps post processor is different than mine. Im not sure if i have an older post processor or not. Ive attached pictures

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report