Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is autocad 2014 the same as autocad 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1087 Views, 3 Replies

Is autocad 2014 the same as autocad 2014

Whenever I install Autocad Civil 2014 and open the program autocad 2014 opens.Whenever I search for the program,its listed as Autocad Civil 3D as Autocad 2014.I dont understand whats happening,Autocad Civil is the only version of autocad on my pc.Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

If you want to run Civil 3D, click the icon that says "Civil 3D 2014 Imperial (or Metric)"

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
MarySeufert

Welcome.

From Windows Start Menu, select All Programs ->Autodesk ->AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - Within this there should be multiple shortcuts to start Civil 3D (Imperial units, Metric Units or vanilla ACAD).

Copy the correct unit C3D shortcut to your prefered location and jump in. If the shortcuts are not there, your installation is incomplete, and you will need to either repair or uninstall/reinstall.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 4
neilyj666

You are essentially opening vanilla AutoCAD when using this shortcut. The shortcut doesn't load the required Civil dlls etc etc hence they are not available

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report