AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Automatic Loading of .NET DLLs in AutoCAD Architecture

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PengYen6809
1392 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with Automatic Loading of .NET DLLs in AutoCAD Architecture

I created a dll and wanted to auto netload it upon launch of AutoCAD Arch.

I have used the following instructions in 

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/09/automatic_loadi.html

"DESCRIPTION"="AutoNetloadDLL"
"LOADCTRLS"=dword:00000002
"MANAGED"=dword:00000001
"LOADER"="C:\MyApp\bin\Release\MyApp.dll"

However, when i typed in my commands for the dll, AutoCAD displayed Unknown Command "<Command Name>". Press F1 for help.
I have tried suggestions by people comments in the above link (i.e. setting acdbmgd.dll and acmgd.dll to Copy Local = False, restarting computer) , but I have done so, and the error still persists.

I also have used the method as suggested by writing a STARTUP lisp function to auto netload the dll file in http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showth...hlight=netload
But the same error persists. 

Would like to ask if anyone has encountered the same issue before, and can enlighten me on how to solve this problem?

I have used Process Explorer to check if acad.exe has loaded the DLL, and it did!
But the commands are not found.

When I manually netload the dll by typing the netload command and selecting the dll, there is no such issue. This only occurs to me when I tried the auto methods.
The methods only works so far if I launch acad.exe through Debug mode in VS2008.

Definitely need to auto netload the DLL for my application, when AutoCAD Arch startups.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
GEORGESHM
in reply to: PengYen6809

I was looking at the post from Kean too.

If you scroll down, he adds this registry section to add the command.

Just wondering if you checked it.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R17.0\ACAD-5001:409\Applications\MyTestApplication\Commands]

"TST"="TST"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost