Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Classic workspace = GONE?

92 REPLIES 92
SOLVED
Message 1 of 93
Anonymous
211137 Views, 92 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Classic workspace = GONE?

I have installed the new AutoCAD 2015, and although in previous versions we can use classic workspace, in 2015 edition, I can't find this option. Am I missing something?

Image comparing 2014 and 2015: http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag155/borimol/autocad_zps7e861118.jpg
92 REPLIES 92
Message 21 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

bir önceki autocad versiyonunu silmeden autocad 2015 ' yükle.Çalıştırdığın zaman açılırken bir önceki versiyonun migration ayarlarını almasını onayla.Autocad 2015 de classic work space gelmiş olur.

Message 22 of 93
Anonymous

Si haces lo que dijo el usuario nrz13 más arriba pero en vez de poner STANDARD pones ALL te saldrán todas las barras y puedes tu armar el espacio de trabajo aunque no tenga la opcion directa
Message 23 of 93
Anonymous

Hey Guys,

I just downloaded LT2015, however I'd like to install the classic view since it appears to be more "click" efficient. Can you please tell me where I can find the LT 2014 CUix files that I need to install? If there's a site I could visit that be cool, if not, I may be able to find someone with LT 2014; just need to know what files (and .type) that should be moved and to where.

Appreciate the help!!!

Message 24 of 93
Anonymous

Hello friend, I recommend to you to see the tutor of Ernst Veliz in
Youtube. Here you will find the answer. I have already autcad classic with
this tutor, you have only to lower an autocad file and do the steps that
the tutor says to you. Good luck.
Message 25 of 93
nestly2

All the "Classic" components are already in 2015, you just need to create a new workspace and turn on the Toolbars and turn off the Ribbon.

1)  Start ACAD2015 and type CUI

2) Right click to create/name a new workspace

3) Click "Customize" on the right pane, then put checkmarks next to the toolbars / menus you want to appear in your new workspace

4) Click "Done" then set the new workspace active then "Apply" and "Close" the CUI

5) Turn off the Ribbon using RIBBONCLOSE command and arrange the toolbars as needed.  Set MENUBAR = 1 if you want to see the menus

6) Save the Workspace and you're done.

Here's a 3 minute demo.... start to finish --> (watch full screen for best results)   http://www.screencast.com/t/YWFPgBPgt8

Message 26 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Sir,I don't agree with your view. first of all you need customise it (fault no. 1) second you need to click several times to get the command you want (fault no. 2) and third you need to click on each tab to get to the desired command (fault no.3) why can't autodesk implement solution from ms office when you hover over the tabs you can scroll them, and also, to expand it further to option of hovering over command (a while) to open it (command)? then I would use the ribbon. this way inspite my keybord shortcuts is slows the production rate.  I'm not against the ribbon but it's not a completed product (and after 6 years it should have been), and you don't see people complaining about ms ribbon. thank you very much.

Message 27 of 93
Anonymous

could posibly upload this in jpegs to show what you mean mine looks like this and i want it back to normal im not sure what ipressed to get it like this and i hate it

Message 28 of 93
GrantsPirate

Blue_Streak97,

The image you posted is from Inventor 2015, this is a forum for AutoCAD.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 29 of 93
freesbee
in reply to: nrz13

...thanks God there is this workaround (nzr13).

Yes the ribbon wastes a lof of vertical space: particularly bad if we consider that screens are wider and wider (and not taller!!).

I hate when somebody wants to force my several year working method, just because each program should look like microsoft stuff. There are good examples of other software houses developing very good GUIs (i.e. Adobe) without following the awful trend generated by microsoft.

I've been using and promoting Autodesk products since years, but now they are really making everything possible to invite me going somewhere else...

...let's see

Massimo Frison
CAD R&D // PDM Admin · Hekuma GmbH
Message 30 of 93
Anonymous
Message 31 of 93
Anonymous

Step 1: use command "RIBBONCLOSE" to turn off Ribbon tab.

Step 2: Set variable "menubar" as 1 to enable menubar.

Step 2: Use command "-toolbar/all/show" to enable toolbar menu.

Done

Message 32 of 93
Anonymous

Hi All,

Just so you know for the next release there will be no classic toolbars at all. Autodesk as well as many other software publishers have decided on ribbon interfaces and are sticking with it. Also these people are not end users in most cases and are just designers so althought it may look nice the ribbons aren't as user friendly.

Long story short - You REALLY need to use the ribbons and hotkeys by March 2015 or you will be tearing out your hair in clumps.

Regards,

Chris

Message 33 of 93
ampster40

@chris.smith wrote:

Just so you know for the next release there will be no classic toolbars at all.  

an anonymous Adesk'er trying to clue us in?

Message 34 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: ampster40

@ampster40 wrote:

@chris.smith wrote:

Just so you know for the next release there will be no classic toolbars at all.  

an anonymous Adesk'er trying to clue us in?

Hahaha, yeah kind of 🙂

I work for a reseller and that is the information I hear around the office as well as getting many calls and complaints about wanting classic toolbars in 2015.

Also, Autodesk removed the 'classic' buttons from Inventor in release 2013 so it isnt too hard to believe that they will do the same in AutoCAD.

My best solution at the moment is to right click buttons in the ribbon and change the size to standard. It isnt classic view but it allows for more buttons to be see instead of being hidden in dropdown menus. Once you get set up to how you like to work it isnt really that much different.

All the best guys.

Message 35 of 93
Anonymous

WOW....nothing worse than some social engineering done by programmers. Stop messing with my workspace.

Message 36 of 93
dgorsman

Meh.  If that was the case we'd all still be using DOS and drafting with keyboards.  If change is bad, then working with computers is a *really* bad place to be.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 37 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

Point taken. It's not a technology issue but a human interface issue.  If you are going to provide an interface for 30+ years you need to have a very good reason for eliminating it all together...and how do you get by without a keyboard?

BTW I was fine with the out of the box workspace default being upgraded to ribbons and was willing to do my own reversion to classic toolbars but why eliminate it altogether?

Not a rhetorical question.

Message 38 of 93
nrz13

I'd guess eliminating it would allow them to dump some "excess" code and spend a lot less time on keeping the toolbars up to date with new commands, etc.  They probably assume the Ribbon, Quick Access Toolbar, Statusbar, and Command Line will meet everyone's needs already.

I personally wouldn't be bothered by the removal of toolbars if any command could be added to the Quick Access Toolbar, but it would affect people that like to lay their toolbars out around the workspace rather than all at the top.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 39 of 93
Anonymous

My best guess would be cost as is the usual driving force for these things. if you have 2 buttons that do the same thing then you have to program the links etc twice which isnt cost effective.

Also these days we all want nicer cleaner displays (HD, 1080p, super HD and so on) and the original 15x15 pixel buttons (or whatever the size) just dont look as good, so when you are trying to sell to new customers and your graphic interface looks dated compared to your competitors then you are likely to lose business.

Change can be off putting but it doesnt mean its bad, its just a matter of getting used to a new layout

Message 40 of 93
nestly2
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

Meh.  If that was the case we'd all still be using DOS and drafting with keyboards.  If change is bad, then working with computers is a *really* bad place to be.

Advancing from drafting table to CAD is like going from early modes of transportation to automobiles.  Both serve the same purpose, just different levels of efficiency.

DOS to Windows is not unlike advancements in automobile technology... generally faster and more comfortable.

Toolbars to Ribbon is purely cosmetic/ergonomic, not unlike changing the accelerator and brake from foot to hand controls. The same functionality exists with either, just a different procedure to operate.  No hand throttle for me... please, my foot works just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report