Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRED or 3DS Max Interactive

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1301 Views, 1 Reply

VRED or 3DS Max Interactive

Hello,

I'm looking for various ways to put our equipment in to the virtual world. I have checked both software tools and unity as well. I was wondering what is the main difference between 3DS max interactive and VRED. I see that VRED is mainly used for automotive industry, why? 

For simulation and animation what is the big difference between those 2 packages and which one is better for industrial use?

I have seen the HTML5 HMI Plugin in VRED and found this very usefull is this also posible for 3DS max interactive? 

and my last question, is it possible to import an database generated by PLC values to trigger or control animated movements?  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Christian_Garimberti
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm using VRED only for manufacturing purpose. My customers builds industrial machinery.

So, it's true that Vred is born for automotive, but you can use it for anything.

For my experience these are the differences, but i don't mean that one is better the the other...

1. VRED is very fast to learn while 3DSMAX is (for me) harder to learn
  2. VRED has a very fast rendering in realtime that helps the workflow for the beginners
  3. with VRED you can create variants, touchsensors, interactive back and frontplates only using the vred interface
  4. with VRED yuo can creare Vr scenes in minutes
  5. but...
  6. 3DSMAX has better capabilities in animating objects (constraints, path to follow..)
  7. 3DSMAX is in the box (if you have a collection). VRED you had to pay for
  8. with 3DSMAX (and interactive) you can create portable Vr Scenes (With VRED you always need VRED)

I personally prefer Vred, for my works and form my customers it's the perfect choice.

(this is an example of a video created with Vred Link )

I hope this helps you.

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report