Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRED for Product Design

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rwindley
338 Views, 2 Replies

VRED for Product Design

Hi,

Has anyone used VREd for any product design rendering?  I'm just asking because my company has recently purchased VRED to be used for rendering our design work.  Previously we have used different software for rendering but have made the decision to move to VRED for our future work.  I've seen that VRED is mainly used for the automotive industry but I would be keen to understand if anyone is using this software for other industries and I would be grateful if anyone advise on whether something like the attached image is achievable?

Thanks,

Rob

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Rob,

you are right while saying that Vred is mostly used in Automotive industry, but you can use for almost anything...

I work with manufacturing companies building industrial machinery and i always got the job done.

Then, i think that the perfect light and material simulation achieving in Vred is the good for your bottle example.

Some time ago, playing and learning in my spare time, i created this rendering.

Cheers 2.png

Hope this helps your choice

Best

Chris

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
bgledhill
in reply to: rwindley

Hello Rob,
In my company we use VRED (well mostly our contractor) use VRED for Small Domestic Appliances and also Pans & Pots, with and without post-prod editing.
Most of the packshot images of our products are renders 😉

Our internal design department use a different software for their design renders but this is mainly because they've been using it for so long and are quite happy with it.

Hope that helps

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report