Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vred Design - Water caustics

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Pete-S
1009 Views, 2 Replies

Vred Design - Water caustics

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to produce some renders of a motor yacht but i'm missing the water caustics that would help finish off the image. In fact I'm having to use a chrome shader with stretched bump structure to simulate the water itself.  

Is there anyway I can get water caustics to reflect on the above water section of the hull?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
florian.dyck
in reply to: Pete-S

Hi Peter 

I just tried and somehow VRED Design doesn't calculate GI with caustics. I used Professional and it worked, but not with Design. I attached to scene file for you to test. If you like, send me your hull and water surface and I can render for you 😉

caustics_01.png

Message 3 of 3
Pete-S
in reply to: florian.dyck

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the reply. I've just tried your test file and I'm also not getting caustics in Vred Design, perhaps it's not something that design is equiped with... 😞 I'll keep looking. Unfortunately I can't give you the hull design for you to have a go in pro with at present as it has not reached a stage where it can be shared publicly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report