Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent background rendering alpha channel

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4177 Views, 6 Replies

Transparent background rendering alpha channel

Hola, 

Puede que ya se haya preguntado, pero no encuentro ningún post que responda mi pregunta concreta. Estoy intentando haciendo unos renders de un monoplaza y necesito poder renderizar imágenes .png con fondo transparente para una presentación. Al intentar exportar el canal alpha no consigo que el fondo quede transparente y no encuentro ningún tutorial ni foro ni guía en el que lo expliquen.

Muchas gracias de antemano.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
michael_nikelsky
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am afraid the number of people speaking spanish in this forum is very limited. If you can rephrase your question in english it would be easier for us to help you.

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 7
seiferp

Bien dicho, Sr. Nikelsky...
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, 

Probably it has already been asked, but I´m unable to find any topic answering my question. I´m trying to make some renders of a formula style racing car and I need some .png renders with transparent background for a presentation. When I try to export the alpha channel I´m unable to get the transparent background (I want just the car and no background) and I cannot find any forum, tutorial or guide to do this.

Thank you in advance.

Message 5 of 7
michael_nikelsky

Hi,

just enabling "Export Alpha Channel" in the Render Settings and writing to a format that supports Alpha (PNG, PSD, TIFF, EXR) should do it.

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: michael_nikelsky

Thank you Michael, that saved me. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: michael_nikelsky

where would these "render settings" be? I looked and did not find any render settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report