Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spherical map render quality

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
827 Views, 9 Replies

spherical map render quality

Hi everyone I wanted to take 360 degree render with spherical camera. But as you see in the link I cannot take render for far places (front console) It’s not clear in any way.

image size : 5333X1670 pixel

resolution : 500 pixel

i use time . it took 7 hours 

My system rtx3090 i9 10900k

I tried with highest setting but its still not in high quality what should I do. What’s wrong?

https://kuula.co/share/73GnM?fs=1&vr=0&sd=1&thumbs=1&info=1&logo=1

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
richardlevene
in reply to: Anonymous

I cannot take render for far places (front console) It’s not clear in any way”

What does that mean? I don’t understand the issue even looking at your render. 

If you could describe the issue a bit more then it might help.

Thanks,

Richard

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: richardlevene

It doesn’t matter how I try to increase the render quality it doesn’t look like normal render

asdvvaerr.PNG

Message 4 of 10
richardlevene

Ok first thing you can do that I did not realise when i first replied is....change your forum user name please.

You unfortunately have a set of initials that does not sit well with me.

Once you do that then I will get back to you.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: richardlevene

Sorry i dont know meaning . This is my name and surname firt character. Kemal Kürşad kul. i changed by the way

Message 6 of 10
richardlevene

Yeah I know sorry it is just an unfortunate set of initials that match that of a known American white supremacist terrorist hate group.

Anyway back to topic....

Firstly when you render for a spherical camera you will see distortion compared to a normal perspective camera rendering.

But when you render with a spherical camera you will want to render with a resolution(image size) ratio of 2:1 ie 5000x2500 or 10000x5000 etc. I am not sure how vred handles it if your resolution is not 2:1 ratio like in the case you gave of 5333X1670

Give it a try rendering it at 5000x2500. Also for the test, just change your Raytracing Quality - Illumination Mode to just "Precomputed" in Still Frame mode and in General Settings - AntiAliasing change your Image Samples to 8 and Adaptive Sampling to Low Quality. This will render a lot quicker and you will see if there is a change in distortion that you got before.

Richard

Message 7 of 10
michael.horschELP2G

The spherical camera produces a rectangular image which spans 360 deg. horizontally and 180 deg. vertically. So on the x-Axis you have two times more space than on the y-Axis which is why you also should use twice the resolution of the y-Axis, as Richard said.

VRED can work with any resolution, but if the ration isn't 2:1 your pixels will be stretched in your viewer application.

However, I think the main problem is the low resolution. If your viewer application uses a (relatively large) FoV of 90 deg., the horizontal resolution is only 5333px*(90/360)= 1333px and the vertical resolution is 1670*(90/180)=835px. That's simply too low for the small details you have in your scene. Try to use a higher image resolution like 10000x5000 or even 20000x10000. Use a very low rendering quality first for faster computation, then increase the resolution until all details are visible and then you can increase the quality settings again until the image looks smooth.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: michael.horschELP2G

You are right man .i tried 1200x 6000 Thanks a lot.   but 3090 vram not eneough for 2000x1000 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Hello everyone,

I have run into the same issue and it seems like there is no anti-aliasing when rendering spherical projections  on GPU.

How to replicate:

- Create a new scene with a box

- Set camera to any projection mode other than Perspective or Orthographic

- Render on CPU with antialiasing (no jaggies)

- Render on GPU and notice the difference (jaggies around the edges of the box)

Is there anything I can do other than increasing the resolution?

Thank you.

Message 10 of 10
michael_nikelsky

That is indeed a bug in the GPU raytracing. We will look into this.

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report