Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartreferences - material editor only shows materials when all groups are removed

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Totila_
277 Views, 3 Replies

Smartreferences - material editor only shows materials when all groups are removed

Hi there,

I might be overseeing something, but:

Starting with VRED 2023, I do have to 'remove all groups' within the material editor to see materials that are coming with referenced files although there are no groups visible in the material editor. 

If I dont do that, I do not see any materials from smart referenced parts within the material editor.

That is unexpected and smells like a bug.

Can someone confirm?

Thanks

T

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
seiferp
in reply to: Totila_

Indeed, with the new material editor in 2023 there was sth. ugly introduced to the smart references.

Your first point I do not quite understand or know how to reproduce it. Can you please describe how to reproduce or add screenshots to better describe it?

Anyhow, on my end I do not see switch or multi-pass materials anymore in my main assembly from the smart reference!

Groups you have in your smart reference file are not coming over to your main assembly and never did. Only the first level information that is directly attached to the node (material) is coming over. The groups are part of the scene and secondary information. The same goes for curves (coming over) but Clips not.

We will check what´s going wrong here asap. Thanks for reporting!

Message 3 of 4
marcus_fritzen
in reply to: Totila_

The "remove all groups" might by chance kind of fix the issue because it validates the scene materials with the material pool of the material editor. Anyhow, we are looking into the issue. Thanks for reporting.

Marcus Fritzen
Principal Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Totila_
in reply to: marcus_fritzen

Just to give some more clarity and visual to talk about...

Also, what I found out is that materials not showing up in the material editor are not part of the 'MaterialGroup' but have an invalid ID instead.

Removing all groups fixes that as a work around.

Any other question, let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report