Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup an immersive VR driving platform

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Matthias.wg
450 Views, 2 Replies

Setup an immersive VR driving platform

Hi there,

we have a driving platform of an interior including steering wheel and driver seat. 

For tracking we use SteamVR, VARJO XR-3, OptiTrack V120:TRIO and the white tracking balls on steering wheel and the driver seat. 

1. In VRED I would like to script, that if you enter the VR mode with the VARJO Headset, the camera should always start at the same and correct driver position. 
  2. Also teleporting should be disabled in the VARJO Headset mode. 
  3. How can I track and visualize in VRED raising and lowering the real driver's seat and the rotation of the real steering wheel?

How does the Python script looks like? Sorry, I have no experience in Python at all yet 😕 

Thank you for you help!
Cheers Macy

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Matthias.wg
in reply to: Matthias.wg

Does someone know if there is an OptiTrack Plugin for Autodesk VRED Pro 2023.2 like there is for Unreal Engine?

For any kind of help I would be very grateful !

I found this Autodesk VRPN guide: Setting Up a Tracking Configuration 

VRED should have the ability to connect to Motive via VRPN. I can toggle on the VRPN streaming from the Data Pane in Motive. 

As long as Broadcast VRPN Data is toggled on, then any VRPN client should be able to request a stream of the 6 degrees of freedom of any rigid body that is listed in the assets pane in Motive.

@Anonymous-Team might you give me a hint, how to get this running?

Message 3 of 3
luqiang.han
in reply to: Matthias.wg

We are doing the same thing. But my tracking system is ART, not optitrack.

With ART, the VRPN could connect the VRED node to the tracking objects(the pre defined white balls).

But with Optitrack I have no experience.

There is another way, no matter what kind of tracking system you are using.

There is a plugin of SteamVR, called LPVR-CAD. It could transfer any optical tracking system's signal to SteamVR.

Then, you could pretend that you are track the steer wheel with HTC tracker.

There are some example of VRED to demostrate how to track object with HTC tracker.

luqianghan_0-1676517879715.png

You could send email to me to discuss.

luqiang.han@faw-vw.com

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report