Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing UVs after export to FBX

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kossatz
777 Views, 4 Replies

Missing UVs after export to FBX

Hey guys,

I am pretty new to Vred. We got a dataset delivered as Vred-file, and we need to export that as FBX to 3dsMax.

The export itself is working great, but we are missing the UV sets. In Vred, every part is having correct UVs, but they are lost in 3dsMax. What can I do to prevent this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michael_nikelsky
in reply to: kossatz

Have you tried to reimport the file into VRED again? I just did a quick test with exporting a torus with custom UVs from VRED 2021.0 and importing it into Maya 2020.1 and it worked correctly. After a long search I also found the UV Editor in 3ds Max and the UVs are also there as expected.

Do you have an example file that doesn´t work?

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 3 of 5
kossatz
in reply to: michael_nikelsky

I can prepare some parts of the scene and send it over. Please tell me where to send it via mail.

Also, I do not get any option for export to Maya file, it does not show up in the dropdown.

Regards

Oliver

Message 4 of 5
michael_nikelsky
in reply to: kossatz

We don´t export Maya files (and the import is deprecated), I was referring to exporting to FBX and importing it in Maya.

If you don´t want to attach the file to the forum just send me a private message here so I can provide you a way to upload it.

Kind regards

Michael

Michael Nikelsky
Sr. Principal Engineer
Message 5 of 5
kossatz
in reply to: michael_nikelsky

Thanks. I sent a link to you via private message.

Regards

Oliver

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report