Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC vive tracker for buck alignment.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Kinga_Ilona
350 Views, 1 Reply

HTC vive tracker for buck alignment.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to get some help with creating automatic alignment between virtual interior and physical buck. For now, I am adjusting everything manually through viewpoints to allow proper positioning, but I would like to be able to use the HTC Vive trackers to do an automatic alignment after VR start up. I have never done coding before, so I am not familiar with that part of Vred. Could anyone please kind of walk me through how to set it up please? 

Thank you so much in advance!

Kinga

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

you can do this with Point Set Registration. It is a little to much to descirbe it here in the forum but you will find a lot of example code like:

Point Set Registration Methods — Discussion and Implementation | by Anupama Rajkumar | The Startup |...

At least you need three trackers (if you use just the tracker position) on your physical model and the mounted positions also in virtual/tracking space. Then you can do the alignment and match physical and virtual world by applying the transformation matrix, you get from the registration algorithm,  either to the VRED camera or the virtual model in your scene.

You can implement all of this directly in VRED but of course, you need to code quite a lot.

Hope this helps you a little bit,

best regards,

Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report