Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I integrate a camera with a vive tracker?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
283 Views, 0 Replies

How do I integrate a camera with a vive tracker?

I'm trying to create a mixed reality so that a 3d model exists on a real screen by attaching a vive tracker to a real camera.

For example, you might want to create a screen that overlaps a 3d car on a real car. The background is chroma keyed so that it receives the actual camera screen.

In order to work with the actual "GoPro" camera screen, I'm going to create a virtual camera in vred to work with the tracker.

// Development environment
: VRED 2020.1
: HTC Vive biz edition
: vive tracker
: gopro (real camera)
: DISPLAY -> OPENVR HMD

//Questions
In the OpenVRTracker.vpb code, I replaced findnode's parameter with the camera I created.
Change the tracker visible to True and not touch anything else.

In the attached image, you can see the tracker attached toward the front of the camera. The tracker is attached to the top of the actual camera, so I want to turn the tracker's three legs to the top, not the front.

I would be grateful if you could tell me python code or api function.

AND I would like to know if there is a better way to link the camera and tracker.
If you have a good example to reference, I'd like to know the example name.

vr/attachToTracker.py
camera-fixed-object.py

I also referenced the example above, but attaching a camera node behaved strangely.
As in the example, a box or a normal object works well, but it works strangely with only a camera attached.
In the code, I changed the objects (box, teddy, and so on) to camera nodes.

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report