Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I import materials into the Material Library?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dutchy4c
2248 Views, 4 Replies

How can I import materials into the Material Library?

I have shaders that I would love to use in VRED, in various file formats, among others from Dosch libraries. Can I import these and if so, how?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
richardlevene
in reply to: dutchy4c

Simple answer would be no.

I am not really sure what you mean by shaders in various formats. Do you mean from other renderers?

Or do you mean textures?

Basically you will have to recreate your material in vred but you can obviously use the same file textures you were using in your other applications.

Richard

Message 3 of 5
dutchy4c
in reply to: richardlevene

Thank you Richard,

I have been building my own the whole time, but I was looking back at some of the issues I recently had in VRED that I never had before with other renderers like Bunkspeed. Simplest of all was the Metallic white which in VRED I can only get white in post. I never needed to do that in Bunkspeed, so I was hoping to get the Bunkspeed shader in and see how that renders out, or at least see how that was build up differently to get the effect. I have a whole slew of bmf files, but alas...

Message 4 of 5
richardlevene
in reply to: dutchy4c

Gotcha. Yeah you can't bring your bunkspeed materials into vred.

Are you using the same lighting setup in Vred as you are in bunkspeed?

White can be tricky and it is more to do with making sure the intensity of your light is correct and exposure of the camera.

Message 5 of 5
dutchy4c
in reply to: richardlevene

It had to do with a picky client who wanted outside reflections, no inside lights, but lighter than the lightest light... I love clients who ask for the impossible.

He also wanted a realistic shot taken inside a garage with a lot of extra things spread around.. No light sources, specific about what the ceiling and the walls would look like, but then make it look realistic... Jeepers..... I tried a shot with the roof oof and getting outside light in that way, and then adding the ceiling in post, but it's not handy.., and he was not too impressed...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report