Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Environments switch renamed if imported

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Shawn_Collins-Lopez
290 Views, 0 Replies

Environments switch renamed if imported

Hi VRED developers.  I have had the issue of getting two Environments switches in the Material Editor since I started using VRED.  This article below describes a work around but even after fixing the default switch my links in Variants Sets under the material tab will not work.  This issue has been a weak point of VRED and new users of VRED get very frustrated.  Hope you can issue a fix so that there is never two Environments Switches with the same name.  Python does not like it.  If you accidentally import an Environments switch it should be renamed to Environments1 so its not conflicting with the Default Environments.

Issue:The environment switch in the material editor does not work any more. Available environments can't be switched and the environment switch in the material editor is no more syncronized with the environment switch in the scene graph. 
Causes:
  • It is possible that imported objects also import the environment switch material from the import-scene file. In this case, a new environment switch occurs in the material editor of the scene.
  • Those imported evironments will be automatically set as default environment switches (recognizable by the small yellow star), which don't interact with the previous environment switch and therefore have no syncronization with the environment switch in the scene graph.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Environments-can-t-be-sw...

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report