Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build a server with VRED Core

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kkkesq46
290 Views, 3 Replies

build a server with VRED Core

Hi

I am interested in building a server with VRED Core so that we can open various data from mobile devices and stream the graphics.But here are some problems:

1. since that VRED Core have full API,does it mean we can control VRED PRO the way like Core,using commandline? In other words,does VRED PRO can do whatever Core can do?

2. Is that possible to make multiple people access to different scenes in the same time on one computer? And how can we change the port number automatically,is there a command for this? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi, VRED Core is practically a VRED PRO without user interface, so you can do almost the same things.

For multiple access to a single pc, note you have to setup a Vred (Core or Pro) instance for each user. It is not possible to use the same Vred for multiple users on multiple scenes. Multiple users are possible, but on the same Vred and the same scene.

So theoretically you should start a Vred for each user, with the -wport option to change the port.

I say theoretically because first your hardware needs to be big enough to run multiple VRED simultaneously, and multiple streams simultaneously. Second i don't know if the use of multiple instance of Vred on the same pc for different users is licence compliant. But for this someone of the Vred Team could help.

Best

Chris

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

Hi Chris,

appreciate it so much to get such a quick and detailed responce. I am wondering where to find all the options like w-port mentioned above.Thanks!

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

you can find commandline options here 

Best

Chris

Christian Garimberti
Technical Manager and Visualization Enthusiast
Qs Informatica S.r.l. | Qs Infor S.r.l. | My Website
Facebook | Instagram | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report