Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple visibilities using (Visibility-Add-Eng 2016)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jonathan.petitclerc
1211 Views, 1 Reply

Multiple visibilities using (Visibility-Add-Eng 2016)

Hi, is there someone currently using the latest release of "Visibility-Add-Eng"  in AutoCAD 2016?

I tried it and can't seem to make it to work with multiple visibilities. I am able to create the two visibilities and the different view states but the command to remove parts of the drawing from the view state doesn't seem to work (vspdelsel).

My different visibilities seems to change each other and I am unable to make them independant. 

Latest version from this link : Visibility-Add-Eng

Thank you for you help. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Jonathan, I've been using it in AutoCAD 2011 without much trouble, in fact v1.6 works with 2011 better than v1.4 (what I used to use). I just tried it in AutoCAD 2016 for a test and it seems to work ok for me, although I know the trouble spots well. User parameters (from block property tables) usually cause corruption unless you are careful. I often go back and edit old MVP blocks and I used to have to empty the block properties tables and delete any user parameters if I expected visibilityaddEngine to load, but with v1.6, I am able to load and work carefully with them in tact.

I figured out a workaround if you are trying to add something to a visibility set and it will not let you add it, it will usually not take unless you turn BVMODE to 1 just before you attempt to add the objects. Try BVMODE set to 1 before you try to remove the objects and see if that helps. Maybe first confirm that they are in the visibility set by checking (eddedd) first (grips on). I have to attempt adding to a visibility set sometimes multiple times - always starting the function over again and changing BVSHOW back to 1 (the glitch will cause it to switch back to 0 when it occurs). You'll know you've added an object when it appears greyed out.

I wonder if you have a good method worked out for creating or editing your MVP blocks. I always create as much of the block entities as I can to start, if a block property table will be in it I'll only put one parameter linked to it so that the grip will display, but no user parameters until the visibilities are finished. I create my first visibility, rename it VP_ALL_ON and I add two states to it - DEFAULT and ALL_ON. These make it easier to find objects later. I turn off objects that I want to be off by default in DEFAULT. I add visibility parameters from there and I always make the next one current, rename it, add the states then I remove everything EXCEPT what I want to keep in the visibility state using VSPDelSel - I'll issue the function, type "ALL" <enter> then R for remove and select what I intend to keep in the state. It works well for me.

Hope this helps.

ADN CAD Developer/Operator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report