Did you mean: 

Excel data to Block Attribute by unique ID

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Test12I
1794 Views, 3 Replies

Excel data to Block Attribute by unique ID

Hi we are making archaeology project with 3 000 Items and some properties of them. I have made Block with Name ITEM and some attributes inside: (Unique) ID, VALUE1, VALUE2, VALUE3. Any way I must find manually that ITEM in map mark it, give an Unique ID number. All data with  3 000 ITEMS and it properties is in Excel format. Is't possible with AutoLISP  import excel or .csv data to block Attributes by  matching unique ID and other properties?  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cadffm
in reply to: Test12I

There are some Tools, Google: Autocad Excel Lisp
non-dynamic-Blocks? Use ATTIN/ATTOUT from EcpressTools Menu

One other(better) example: http://www.lee-mac.com/macatt.html
- Sebastian -
Message 3 of 4
Test12I
in reply to: cadffm

I can make Data Extraction for global Block attribute collection and save data to excel format it's first part of AutoLISP Global extractor. And how I do understand  second part of this AutoLISP Global attribute editor function is simple select similar block and for all selected blocks change one global value 🙂

I am missing global data import (update) from Excel or .csv file to  Block with Unique ID. 

Something similar should be Data Extraction with Linked data, but in this case Block attributes should be also updated by excel data.

Message 4 of 4
Test12I
in reply to: cadffm

I have found on Express Tools Tab magic Attributes Import/Export commands that can perfectly  finish my job without AutoLISP.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost