Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customized field

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
761 Views, 3 Replies

Customized field

I've been struggling with an issue for the past 5 months, and I wonder if any of you could help me.

I'm trying to create some sort of way to calculate the total length used in a certain layer in a delimited space. I created a program to calculate the length of several polylines together, but that's as far as I got. I don't  know how to make it any less manual. Any help will do!

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CodeDing
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

Can you post an example drawing? Or explain further? You have not given enough detail for others to help you find a solution.

Best,

~DD

Need AutoLisp help? Try my custom GPT 'AutoLISP Ace':
https://chat.openai.com/g/g-Zt0xFNpOH-autolisp-ace
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CodeDing

I attached a file to better understand my problem. It shows different squares, that represents different floors of the same building. Each color is in a different layer. I inserted a table to fill with the total length of polylines I used in each layer (BLue layer: 50 m, Red layer: 100m) etc. What I usually do is filter the selection by each layer and then run a program I developed that calculates the total length of what I selected, then I copy that value and fill the table with it. I'd like the process of filling it to be more automatic, like a field that calculates a certain property and chances its value accordingly when you modify your drawing. To sum up, I want to fill the table faster once I'm done making the drawing.

I don't know if I made myself any clearer, but I appreciate your message and would be grateful for any insights you might have to share. Please let me know if you didn't understand or if you have any trouble with the file.

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
CodeDing
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

It looks like you're using a fairly new version of AutoCAD.. I think you would benefit greatly from the DATA EXTRACTION wizard. I highly recommend you try this first and let us know how it goes. You can extract all kinds of data this way, including area.

Best,

~DD

Need AutoLisp help? Try my custom GPT 'AutoLISP Ace':
https://chat.openai.com/g/g-Zt0xFNpOH-autolisp-ace

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report