Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a dynamic callout for Enlarged Plans and Details

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bwhisenhunt
3292 Views, 6 Replies

Creating a dynamic callout for Enlarged Plans and Details

I have a co-worker that said at another firm they had a "thingy" which would automatically draw the surround for an item (Enlarged Plan or Detail), fillet the corners, insert their Detail symbol and place a polyline from the symbol to the surround.   The only thing I could think would do this is some type of custom LISP routine.   Is there a trick I'm missing or was this most likely something they did custom?   Example below:

Detail Callouts.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: bwhisenhunt

Probably a dynamic block to resize the shape, otherwise it's just a block "thingy": do you need help crating a block that looks like that with all the pieces, including the calloiut circle/line/two text block?
Message 3 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @bwhisenhunt,

EDIT - I read two posts and answered incorrectly. I apologize. Yes there are lisp routines that can do this. Can I move your thread to the Customization forum?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 7
bwhisenhunt
in reply to: john.vellek

Yes, I started in this forum to make sure there was no Autocad function that already did this.   

Message 5 of 7
pendean
in reply to: john.vellek

Dynamic Blocks forum is the better place for this IMHO: then just use TP to drag/drop into files when needed.
Message 6 of 7
bwhisenhunt
in reply to: pendean

I understand the concept of doing it as a dynamic block which would work fine with standard rectangular boundaries.   However, we have many instanced of irregular polygonal calls that this will not work for.  I believe what my co-worker was trying to articulate was that he would "click" (I'm assuming it was an icon) and then he drew around what he wanted surrounded, hit enter, then would drag the callout where he wanted it, hit enter, and enter the detail/sheet numbers.   That was why I thought it had to be a LISP because I've never seen anything like that.  It still drives me nuts trying to write custom hatch patterns so I really don't want to try programming LISP if there is one already available.   That was worse than learning HTML.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Based on your description....
PLINE command, with a preset layer/color/linetype, "drew around" what you want, followed by what looks like a single-line/no landing/no arrow MLEADER attached to a bubble note that prompts you to enter the attributes value.

What do you think?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators