Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy xref dwgs and images to folder via lisp?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vladimir.ninic
420 Views, 2 Replies

copy xref dwgs and images to folder via lisp?

let's to call this command "xsave"

this command - xsave, when called, opens save as dialogue and saves dwg to specified folder...
but, if dwg has inserted dwgs and images it will copy them to folder mentioned above...

how to do this?

thing is that I have mapped drive at work with maps and dwgs and if I want to work at home I have to manually copy all xrefs into same folder where DWG is so it will find all files needed at home... and this is anoying...
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: vladimir.ninic

I would use etransmit...

First, you may need also Font files, as when you take a dwg to plot to another place where you may not find the font styles you used in your dwgs.

so, etransmit will make a zip file with your drawing file, xrefs, images and even plotstyle (.ctb files) the only thing you will need to add is the font files by using the command "etransmit" then in Transmittal setups --- add a New (transmittal setup) and in the transmittal options set the include fonts option... the rest is just give a name and a location for the zip file... and DONe!

You can do this all if you save the Transmittal setup and use a lisp like this one
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: vladimir.ninic

Vladimir,

Have you tried using relative xref and image paths? It is intended to solve the
problem you mentioned regarding work at home. The project folder is portable. It can
be moved to any drive and all references will still be found.

I have a couple routines which can convert full paths to relative. One of them works
in batch mode similar to the Autodesk stand-alone program Xref Manager.

Joe Burke

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report