Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy table from 2016 into 2002 (explode first maybe?)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
john.uhden
750 Views, 10 Replies

Copy table from 2016 into 2002 (explode first maybe?)

Creating and editing tables in newer releases is so handy.

Is there a way to copy and paste into 2002?  Maybe by exploding first?

I tried that but got an impossible OLE that just gobbled up all my memory and got nowhere.

Maybe an OLE spreadsheet would work better?

Can I save the newer dwg with table back to R15?

Otherwise I'll have to create a grid of native lines and text objects on my own.  I wonder if I should create my own R15 table program.  It obviously won't behave the same and have all the features, but at least it would look neat and organized.  The purpose at first is for creating a table of zoning requirements including columns for existing and proposed.

John F. Uhden

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: john.uhden

First you are talking about copying a TABLE object from version 2016 to version 2002, and you are correct 2002 did not yet have the TABLE object. It was added in version 2005. Exploding to lines and text would work. Don't insert as an OLE.

But then you started talking about R15, and there was no R15 version. Do you mean 2015? If so, tables are supported in that version. Shouldn't be any problem. If by "R15", you meant Release 2000 (which was the next one after R14), then no, that's even older than 2002.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 11
john.uhden
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for responding.

2000 was R15; so was 2002 but with a suffix I think (but it's locked up right now so I can't retrieve the ACADVER).

2004 was R16.

2016 is like R20.1 or something (I have C3D installed).

Anyway, I did explode the table and tried copying and pasting the resulting lines and mtext into 2004 and it came in as an OLE.  That's the problem.

John F. Uhden

Message 4 of 11
cadffm

I don't understand why you don't save the file as 2000 for work with this file?

There is no convert function in process of  win clipboard .

?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

Saveas 2000

Clear: Thats not a table in 2002, if this is the goal: No chance.

Your own table program can not use MultilineAttributes, just normal single lines without all format codes.

Wait a moment, <going to my PC>

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
cadffm

My file saved as dwg2000

Simple Table

Like a dimension object the representation takes place via a block (*Tnnn)

1. I know you like programming your own stuff (like me), but also i am pretty sure

that there are samples in internet because of table are wanted all the time

and Adesk offered them late.

2. A simple static Table2Block program (Block with attributes)  is written quickly,

but for 2000 we can not use Multiline Attributes,

and if you like to have the possibility if add/remove columns/rows and merge/Split Cells.. You have a challange 🙂

Pretty sure you can find other code in www, but i don't know. I know programs for the reverse way: Lines&Text to TABLE object.

200430-9.JPG

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
john.uhden

What you mean "without all format codes?"

Left/Center/Right/etc, height, width, oblique, Uppercase, Lowercase, Heading - I can do all that, you know.

The only sticky part is trying to identify them as in Excel... A1/B1/C1 etc.  I'd probably hafta use xdata, or just skip that frivolity and make sure that each row of cells is formatted the same and has the same relative coordinates.  Then just use STRETCH to change column widths if necessary.

John F. Uhden

Message 8 of 11
cadffm

>"What you mean "without all format codes?"

The Text is MTEXT and you know what you can do with MText, For example each char in another color, font and other things (but not with TEXT).

If you want to create your own "table in 2000 as Block with attributes" Routine,

you can not use Multiline Attributes (also not available in 2000), so you have to use

normal attributes, but they are like TEXT object.

Thats what i mean with "without all format codes".

I'm already looking forward to your implementation (even if I don't need it myself).

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
john.uhden

I think I'll just postpone the programming drudgery, make one row that's perfect, draw the grid, copy each row down from endp to endp, and edit away.  Yep, that's the easiest.

But thanks to all for the moral support, as is usual in this place.  Just don't get anywhere near me.

That reminds me of when I was a 4-year old and we had a youngster Kerry Blue named Peter.  One day I was outside with an ice cream cone, and Peter was nosing in.  I guess I turned to look at a sea gull or something and Peter snagged a lick.  I scolded him, "No no, Peter.  You'll get germs!"

I wrote a short story about him.  I'll post a PDF if anyone is interested 'cause I don't think Ron Howard is (so much for retirement).

John F. Uhden

Message 10 of 11
john.uhden

Text is just fine.  I despise all that mtext internal formatting crap.

John F. Uhden

Message 11 of 11
Sea-Haven

Export table as csv, leave that for you to find, then in 2002 import csv into a line and columns dwg. I am sure you can make this work. Note written 2004 so should be no probs for 2002.

Using 2002 maybe time to go to Bricscad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report