Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Visual LISP, AutoLISP and General Customization
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

character map and lisp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
m.voss.alvine
875 Views, 2 Replies

character map and lisp

i am looking to run a find & replace from a lisp.  I am looking to replace mtext with a special character from the character map.  Example - replace %%C with Ø.  I have the find & replace lisp.  having trouble defining the special character.

Revit MEP 2015 Certified Professional
Revit Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional

remember to 'accept as solution' if this helped
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: m.voss.alvine

Try THIS routine by CadStudio, and its SRXTEXT2 command. Read the txt file for some examples.

It works, tried it.

Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: m.voss.alvine

@m.voss.alvine wrote:

....  I am looking to replace mtext with a special character from the character map.  Example - replace %%C with Ø.  I have the find & replace lisp.  having trouble defining the special character.

This is the way for that capital-O-with-a-slash character in a FIND command:

Diameter.PNG

That's a backslash, capital U, plus sign, and 00D8 [those are two zeros].

For other special characters, in the Text Editor ribbon in newer versions there's a Symbol button [with a @ over the word] -- pick that, pick Other... at the bottom, find the character you want and pick it, and at the bottom of the dialog box it shows the U+ code [without showing the necessary backslash].

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report