Autocad 2020 - Tip1779 (Steel Shapes) Lisp error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
boyan
1189 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2020 - Tip1779 (Steel Shapes) Lisp error

Hello,

Just finished setting up Autocad 2020 on my new desktop. Was working on customization and added Tip1779 (steel Shapes) lisp which I have been using for years.  Added the path to the folder in the Support File Search Path and loaded the app successfully. However upon typing STL I get the following error messageerror.jpg 

I haven't change anything in the code and this lisp is running on 2019 just fine. I am not sure if I can post the lisp because I am not the author, but is widely available on the web.

I would really appreciate if anyone you could help me. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CodeDing
in reply to: boyan

@boyan ,

- SAME POST HERE -

Looks like you need to make sure your files are all in one folder, and make sure it's in your Acad search path.

Hope that can help you.

EDIT: And welcome to the forums!

Best,

~DD

Need AutoLisp help? Try my custom GPT 'AutoLISP Ace':
https://chat.openai.com/g/g-Zt0xFNpOH-autolisp-ace
Message 3 of 4
dlanorh
in reply to: boyan

I don't think you have done anything wrong. The error message suggest that on line 3 of the dcl file the dcl/lisp is trying to assign a value to a protected object or symbol. If it worked before, then this is something introduced in a later version of AutoCAD than the one you previously had. It's probably a case of tracking the variable in the dcl/lisp and changing it's spelling slightly.

You can test if this symbol is stl by typing stl on the command line when the lisp isn't loaded and seeing what happens.

I am not one of the robots you're looking for

Message 4 of 4
boyan
in reply to: CodeDing

Thank you for the reply. 

I have the correct path to the Lisp and it was still giving me the error. Then I tried a couple other lisps and still nothing worked. In the post that you linked it was mentioned that the problem could be missing path to the base.dcl and acad.dcl. I added the path to these files and now all lisps work. Don't now why it is different for Autocad2020, but it is.

Add the following folder location to the Support File Search Path:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2020\UserDataCache\en-us\Support

Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report