Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Tracking error message

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
5591 Views, 15 Replies

Vehicle Tracking error message

I get the attached error message due to vehicle tracking, saying that it is produced in a newer version, 16.0a. I am on 16.00.399, but I do not have issues opening any of the data. Is there a way of turning this message off, when I open a drawing I have to click on the message numerous times (just counted 15 on one) to get rid of it. I am on AutoCAD 2016.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

18 is the latest version: did you get this file from someone else?
Did you install the VT2016 SP1 patch/update?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Unfortunately I work for a large company and IT are separate and install software remotely. I was just hoping there was a way of turning the error message off. I don't know why an earlier version is installed as IT only loaded this up recently. 

Message 4 of 16
JoannaZhang

Hi,

The opened drawing is generated by a newer version of AVT.

Could you check any updates/SP in Autodesk Desktop App?

Thanks for the feedback.

Joanna Zhang
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: JoannaZhang

I am on AutoCAD 2016 M.49.0.0, but this message is just annoying. I just wanted to know if there was a option or a setting somewhere to turn it off rather than click ok numerous times or have to ask IT to install an update. 

Message 6 of 16
JoannaZhang

Sorry, the warnings can not be removed.

This is standard AutoCAD behavior (as well as Vehicle Tracking) when opening new file format drawing.

Joanna Zhang
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: JoannaZhang

I work on a $2 billion transit project, and this dialogue box is wreaking havoc in our office. We need to plot thousands of plan sheets and the dialogue continually pops up during the plotting process. It started happening as soon as we switched to 2018. We haven't used vehicle tracking. Is there not a way to manually make this dialogue go away? Can you offer any other solutions?

Thanks,

Jed

Message 8 of 16
esr712

@Anonymous

You can try purging the vehicle tracking data from the file. Go to Vehicle Tracking>Settings drop-down>Purge Vehicle Tracking Data. Follow the instructions (save and close and re-open) and you should be good to go.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: esr712

Would this have to be done to each individual drawing? Or is there a way to have this go away permanently? 

Message 10 of 16
esr712

I think the only way to make it permanently go away is to update the software. Else the vehicle tracking data is saved per drawing, so the purge will have to be done to each drawing.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: esr712

There is also the problem of the software not being on our computers and yet we're still getting the message.

It is frustrating to not be able to remove this obvious bug. It's a bit like Civil 3D with its EVIL objects coming with drawings - whether you want them to or not.... a bit like a toddler with a paint brush that's glued to their hand!

Message 12 of 16
scmallory

Hi, can you direct me to this link?

Like another user mentioned we have 300 pg project and this error is causing much frustration. 

Message 13 of 16
rkmcswain

What is the latest on this? Any resolution? This is 2022 and I've got someone who can't publish dozens of sheets all of sudden because of this. We get it, something is not compatible. Now let us turn the message off.

Why would Autodesk make something that causes a reduction or even stop in productivity?

This is not logical.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 14 of 16
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

Start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Message 15 of 16
rkmcswain

Really @pendean ? - I hate to be "that guy" - but do you know who you replying to?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 16 of 16
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

"you of all people should know..." was my initial reply to you, but the one I chose would help everyone else out who stumbled into this discussion. AKA the greater good.

Smile 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report