VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting existing 3d object to 3d mesh and increasing the size thru vba code

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1059 Views, 1 Reply

converting existing 3d object to 3d mesh and increasing the size thru vba code

i want to convert existing 3d rectangle into surface and increase the u isolines and v isoline to improve the visibility in 2d wire frame. i am finding the function to convert the existing one. all vba coding is talk about creating the mesh surface by putting the information of vertex into point forms.

please let me any function in vba autocad to convert the object into surface-mesh and increasing its size.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> i want to convert existing 3d rectangle into surface

>> and increase the u isolines and v isoline to improve

>> the visibility in 2d wire frame

First try to run the steps manually, then show us the dwg-file that shows each of the steps and let us know the commands you used. So we see the workflow you want to go.

Then please show us the code you have + point out which step is the one you are struggling with.

>> convert the object into surface-mesh and increasing its size.

There are more objects that can be described as "surface" in AutoCAD, so please show us the entity you are really meaning, because a MESH does not have isoline parameters to change like you asked in the first question

>> and increasing its size.

Converting an object should not increase it's size .. what am I not understanding here?

- alfred -
PS: working in 3D means on my side I would not run in visual style "2D Wireframe". Raising the isolines just makes the display slower, but does not give you more accuracy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report