VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Error - There was an error opening the file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\mhx55ezi.ctb

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1334 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCAD Error - There was an error opening the file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\mhx55ezi.ctb

Using AutoCAD 2019, when I execute the following VBA code I intermittently get the error "There was an error opening the file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\mhx55ezi.ctb".

Dim CurLayout As ACADLayout
Set CurLayout = ThisDrawing.ActiveLayout

CurLayout.StyleSheet = "allblack.ctb"

I have narrowed it down to the line where I set the style sheet.  When I open AutoCAD and immediately run the code I usually do not get the error, but if I wait a while and then try it then I get the error.  I wrote a program that can read CTB files, and when I execute it I get the error:

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\mhx55ezi.ctb' is denied.

The file is 0 bytes, and I believe that it was created when I installed AutoCAD 2019.  I believe that deleting the mhx55ezi.ctb file fixed the error.  It is strange to get an error about mhx55ezi.ctb when I was setting the style sheet to a different (existing) colour table.  Even though I was receiving the error, I did not notice any other side-effects other than the popup.

One setting that I had changed prior to receiving the error was to set the Plot Style Table Search Path to one also on the C:\.  The Print Spooler File Location is set to "C:\Users\Administartor\AppData\Local\Temp\" and must be associated with this issue.

Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report