Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault loses the selected item after refreshing (F5) screen

Vault loses the selected item after refreshing (F5) screen

Hello all

after refreshing Screen (F5) the selected item get lost, this is a real inefficient solution. I expect that the item will be updated and displayed again.

The workaround at the moment is to search the item before refreshing and keep it in the search window.

thanks for your comments

24 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

good

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the actual version of Vault 2018:

- The focus is kept at F5, when item is selected from search in item master.

- The focus is lost at F5, if the item is accessed through short-cut or from "Go-to Item" of a CAD file.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Hi @Anonymous, @Anonymous,

I am using Vault 2018.2 and I am unable to see the issue - http://autode.sk/2DrU7aF. Can one of you let me know how to reproduce the issue?

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Confirmed that this is working in 2018.2 So marking this as Implemented.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Senthil_Kumar

Here you see the issue with 2018.2. Not implemented!

http://autode.sk/2DoAzov

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Senthil_Kumar I just guess that your issue is having just 30 items in your Vault.

Add some thousand or so and try again.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Interesting. I will try with more items then. Because for me all the workflows you mentioned are working.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A further guess for the reason - when the item, which is accessed over "Go to Item" is not one of the first 100 items shown in item Manager, it loses focus at refresh. I.e. when this item was added to the item list in item master by "Go to Item" function.

I hope you see what I mean.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
You are right. I have more than 1000 over items and then if my "paging" is set into 100 then I see that issue. But if set the paging to 1000 in ADMS then I do not see that as an issue. Do you see the same?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have Access to the paging size so easily.

But I tested that if I "Go to Item" from the file of one of the top items in the Item Master, the refresh works. I think this proves the case too.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Correct and this issue is not only in Items. You can see the same for Files and Folders when the number exceed than the paging limit.

Fixing this may cause performance issue since we have to load "All" the items to search and highlight. Does that acceptable?

marc.franzke
Participant

What about storing the last Item in memory and set the focus again? 

All the companys, that I support are not amused about the mentioned behavior.

Please find a solution for that.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Hi All,

We are evaluating this idea in our Feedback portal - https://feedback.autodesk.com/project/forum/thread.html?cap=d572c6ec2a594657b7dddc479cf87f66&forid={...

Could you please review the thread and provide your feedback? Thanks.

steveh1
Advisor

Senthil...

Assuming that this same functionality will be in change orders too? It was there at one time and was lost when Items were tweaked in 2015? If not, it needs to be.

If it's only on the item tab...doesn't do much good for CO users.

This was one of the features that was lost and complained about the most by our users. Extreme loss of efficiency when you can select several items in the records tab, update/save them and the selection disappeared and list goes back to top of list. You then have to find them again and select them to change the state. 

This did not always work this way. The links below summarize the issue better than what I have wrote above.

Here's my complaint and Idea which was archived...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/change-orders-when-doing-a-save-records-scroll-back-to-to...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/vp-2016-change-orders-scroll-to-top-upon-save/m-p/5944240...

HTH,

Steve Hilvers

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Steve,

This is done for ECO too. You can see the enhancement in this Video which is posted in Feedback Portal for feedback.

Please review and provide feedback. Thanks.

steveh1
Advisor

Awesome...Thx.

Did not see that aspect of it in the video. It just demo'd items.

Is there a working beta yet so that I could possible test further?

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Steve,

Working Beta will take sometime. We are working on that. In the meantime i will get the workflow you have shown in the video tested. What is that property that you are editing in the Record?

steveh1
Advisor

It's any UDP (User Defined Property) for change orders. We have 10-20 properties like this in a change order. They are item specific...but only in that change order.

Thank you for listening...

Steve Hilvers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report