Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag a material for changes upon next check out

Tag a material for changes upon next check out

I sometimes find small mistakes in drawings that I am using as a reference. These mistakes are not worth checking the drawing out to update it but they should be done whenever the next person checks it out and edits it. An example of a mistake I am referring to could be a spelling error, missing dimension, etc.

My idea is to have the option in the Vault to be able to tag a material and whenever the next person checks out (and then opens the file) a text box will pop up with the tag. The tag would have a description of the error so it then could be fixed by whoever is editing the drawing. I am envisioning being able to say "right click" the material while in the Vault and selecting an option "Tag" where I can then type in a description of the error, etc.

You could go a step further and have the tag pop up once again upon checking the file back into the Vault. This pop up could have a check box for "Completed" or "Not Completed" 

If the "Completed" box has been checked, the tag will then be removed from the material.

If the "Not Completed" box has been checked, the tag will remain on the material.

This idea is helpful for making your documents as error free as possible by noting errors when you find them so that when the next person comes along to change the document they can also correct the tagged errors.

3 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Have you thought about creating a Lifecycle for errors and the user could add a comment? Anytime the user sees a file in that lifecycle they can review the comments to correct issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that that feature could be used as a replacement for my idea. However, I feel like suggestion might be utilized more than just adding a comment if all you have to do with my feature is a "right click; add tag". It is simple, and the addition of the pop-ups upon opening and checking back into the Vault might add more of a sense of "I need to do this" instead of ignoring/not seeing the comment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not just start an ECO aginst the Item. Leave it open and if someelse trys to start an ECO they will find one is already been initiated. Dont add a new feature, just use the ones already there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report