Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a section of a Barcode/QR code as a search parameter.

Select a section of a Barcode/QR code as a search parameter.

Be able to select which section of the data contained in a barcode to use for a search.

We use 5 digit item numbers in our company and we ask our suppliers to have a barcode with item number and batch id on every box of parts. This means that the App currently reads the 5 digit item number AND the batch ID at the same time. Doing so the app fails to find the corresponding item. 

If you could select part of the scanned code you could help the app yield better search results.

2 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

@frank.gavilar 

Thanks for posting the Idea, do you know of another product that does this?

frank.gavilar
Advocate

@ihayesjr currently I don't know an scanner app which does this. My experience with these apps is limited though. I would be quite happy if the failed search would not result in an error message. Instead it should leave the scan result in the search bar where the user can remove some of the unwanted code. 

I have attached 2 examples of this below.

Barcodes for art. 28828Barcodes for art. 28828Scan result error for art. 28828Scan result error for art. 28828QR code for art. 28240QR code for art. 28240Scan result error for art. 28240Scan result error for art. 28240

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report