Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print and search capabilities in Vault Thin Client 2022 and more.....

Print and search capabilities in Vault Thin Client 2022 and more.....

I´m missing a lot of basic functionality in Vault Thin Client 2022.

1. Not possible to perform searches from the selected folder. In 2022 it always searches the whole Vault.

2. No advanced search?

3. No Item BOM view???

20 Comments
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

johan.degreef
Advisor

Is there a way to print drawings from the thin client 2022?

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

@johan.degreef  Please keep a watch on the Vault Beta Program on Printing from Thin Client.

Ronald_Moore
Enthusiast

Does the 2022.1 Update implement printing from the Thin Client?

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

@Ronald_Moore Yes, we have the printing functionality in 2022.1 Update. Please give a try and let us know your feedback.

@Kent_Norling  We have added BOM view with 2022.1 update. Please give a try with the update. Thanks.

rtowne72
Collaborator

@Senthil_Kumar did the print functionality get taken out for the thin client?  We are on 2022.1.2 and I cannot find where to print from.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Rob,

Do you see this Print button in the toolbar? Please try clearing cache or incognito mode.

Please note that this is a Print Screen.

TC Print.jpg

rtowne72
Collaborator

@Senthil_Kumar 

Thank you for the reply.  I tried the methods you describe and still do not see the print Icon.  I did state the incorrect version of the ADMS, we are currently on 2022.1.1 but will be pushing 2022.1.2 in the near future.  That did bring up and interesting anomaly though, the ADMS is Build 27.1.90.0 (2022.1.1) but the Thin Client comes up as 27.0.80.0, which makes sense why not showing the print icon.  Does the thin client not update with the patches?  I have included screen shots.  I hope it is something I have missed along the way.

ADMSADMSIncognito ModeIncognito Mode

Please try to find the Vault Server 2022.1 update (you can download it from https://manage.autodesk.com) and launch it, select Repair button, the Thin Client would be upgraded ...

shannon.lundrigan
Contributor

Can a white background be implemented for printing from the Thin Client? Even selecting black and white, the background prints as grey. 

hkrohn
Explorer

With version 2022, the advanced search function has been removed. Please bring it back.

This is essential for user in the thin client to be able to find the files needed quick and easily.

Also it would be good if the function for saved searches could be included in the Thin Client 2022.

F.Steinhorst
Enthusiast

Thats a huge point. 
The app has the option, but the thin client not. Relay disappointing.
It would better to have the Vault app as web app insted of the actual Thin Client or as a Microsoft Store app.

MaBehrens
Observer

It's a pity that no viewer functions are available for the item, but it is much worse that there is no Item BOM available.

An advanced search and saved searches should be standard, filter options in the results should also be possible.

d.alghisi
Contributor
@rtowne72try with mozilla, we have noticed that when using chrome the functionality is not present while with the latest mozilla it is.
mark.cloyed
Collaborator

I am afraid this enhancement request got lost, having been posted with another request in https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/print-and-search-capabilities-in-vault-thin-client-2022-a....  The thin client for 2022 really needs an advanced search / find function.  The users are looking for more complex searching criteria.  They are also looking for content searching abilities.  I believe this was available in the earlier versions of the thin client but was not included in the 2022 version.  Please consider enhancing the thin client to offer this functionality again.

Tags (3)
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

Hi @mark.cloyed ,

Thanks for your feedback. We are looking into bringing back Advanced search into Thin Client. We will definitely reach out to you all once we have firm plan. Thanks again.

alain.mallette
Enthusiast

We've upgraded from 2021 to 2023. The Thin Client now lacks advanced search and search functionality like it was in the 2021 release. It's now always a general search. We can't search in a specific folder, can't search within search results, can't search for specific criteria or properties... I feel like I haven't upgraded but downgraded.

Please restore the search functionality as in the 2021 version. 🙂

subin.cletus
Contributor

Hi @Senthil_Kumar 

Please update when the "Advanced Search" option will be available in the Thin Client?

I don't get the logic why the option was removed in the first place as it was working file till 2020 version 

Thanks

Subin

Clo-z-nuff_2
Enthusiast

We recently migrated from 2018 to 2023.   The built in viewing capability in the Thin Client is awesome and appreciated but please address the viewing and printing of multi-sheet idw's.  90% of our company relies on the Thin Client and unfortunately, at present, most feel it was step backwards.  

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Advanced Search is now available in 2023.2 Update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report