Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering scheme editing

Numbering scheme editing

Hi

It would be better if it could be editable numbering scheme.

We can not edit numberin scheme or we can not copy from existing Numbering Scheme to create new

also this is important because We need to add items to the Number Scheme

we must to create new numbering scheme and It takes a lot of time

Vault Scheme.png

6 Comments
tolgay.hickiran
Advisor

This is actually really frustrating. I thought it was a bug but it seems it's not. I vote for the idea

Zierath_CAD
Advocate

Sometimes we need to add new otions to the predefined numberingschema, but vault doesnt allow changes to it, after the numberingschema is in use.
This is okay, if we would want to change a option or delete it. But we want to add a new option.

At the moment we have to create a complete new numberingschema and deactivate the old one.

It would be much easyer to simply edit the schema and add a new option into the list.
Adding it wouldnt take effect on existing parts.

Also it would be nice, if the default option could be changed later!

In example:
You made a numberingschema with years in the number
You added 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
Now 2020 reached. You need to add 2021, 2022 and so on.
And for faster working with it, it would be great to change default from 2017 to 2020.

Tags (3)
martin.lawsonPG4Y8
Contributor

To add to this, it would be great if we can copy and paste the numbering criteria direct from excel.

Instead of having to type each value in separately.

There are cases where we can have a drop down that has 75 options in it, so adding these in results in 150 operations to add the code and then the description.

Little time consuming and open for errors.

And as detailed above if there is an error, the whole scheme will need to be recreated again.

sven_strand
Contributor

If you have a Numbering Scheme with a Pre-defined list it would be REALLY great if the Description part of each selection line could be edited even when it has been used. That would not change the functionality of the numbering itself, so it is most likely a rather simple thing to fix, but it would help the customer using the numbering scheme over time.

Even better if it also would be possible to Add new selections to an existing Pre-defined list, or disable already existing ones!

Voted this update up!

FWIW, there's a Powerscript option on github - the link to Github is in the forum post link below.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/numbering-scheme-sequential-numbering-gt-starting-number-...

kevinNSZML
Contributor

I vote for this! Whenever I need to add some new rule to the existing numbering scheme, I have to delete it and make a new one again. It really makes me upset. Please add an editing function!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report