Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Processor Status Graphic Visual

Job Processor Status Graphic Visual

I've suggested this on the 2014 beta forums, and have been advised to post it here.

A lot of end users don’t even know the JP exists, the ones that do will sit there waiting for it to do it’s thing but there’s no obvious indication that the JP is even processing their job (yes there is the Job Queue but I’ll get to that).  Could you please consider implementing some sort of graphic visual, whether that be a property, field, column, whatever, but something to show a user that the JP is actually processing a job for the file(s) they’re looking at.  I appreciate that as with anything, the technicalities of this will be tricky, but it would be very useful to have.  As an administrator I can RDP onto the JP box and pause/resume the JP and witness what it’s doing, a user cannot, they won’t know if their job is 15 minutes away from being done, 5 minutes, if the JP has bombed out, and I don’t want them to rely on the job queue either as this is often full of errors and a typical end user won’t be able to make any sense of that job queue. 

5 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

tmoney2007
Collaborator

It would be really nice to have an estimated time to completion available as well.  It wouldn't have to be updated in real time, just in indication of the load on the job processor at the time that the job is submitted.

It would be great to see a taskbar-type of status in Vault, for the Job Queue number or items queued and number of errors. Sometimes we cannot fathom how many past 1000 are listed on the Job Queue, even if I'm an admin.

Also (5 years after this has been accepted), I must say this should not be too hard to implement. Nothing too visual, I would say, but just these numbers crunching on the bottom would add a sense that Vault is "alive and kicking" to the end user, much like Microsoft Outlook does.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report