Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items --> Getting older items to show properties that weren't there yet.

Items --> Getting older items to show properties that weren't there yet.

Gang...

We have a bunch of time wrapped up in items which had properties mapped to the the item after the item was birthed. As our Vault matured, we added some properties to the item which weren't there at the time the item was created in Vault. I imagine every user of Vault has had this happen where as they grow with Vault, they add more and more properties.

Currently, the procedure is really convoluted and time consuming to get these newer properties to show up and map to the item. Even thought they are mapped in the Behaviors under Vault Settings.

If the item was not being revised...I can live with the property not being there. But, if you are revising the item, you shouldn't have to turn the properties on. If the property is currently being mapped, then the property should show up on the item.

This video demonstrates the task to get these items fixed...

http://autode.sk/2ehOT1Q

Thanks in advance,

Steve H.

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like we have the same problem (although I cannot confirm as I can't view the video for some reason).

Our item property set is determined by the item category, & over time have added properties to certain categories. We often add new properties to old items.

In earlier versions of Vault it was obvious to see which properties were & already shown in a particular item by a tick symbol. Now you don't see that, all you have is an add/remove button. This makes it difficult when you go in to add a bunch of missing properties to an item & it then becomes difficult to determine which are already associated (see picture)...

The properties shown in the background of the pic are already part of item, but no indication given in the Add or Remove Property environment.

Capture5.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Steve,

Thanks for posting.

I sounds like same/similar to our problem.

We have mapped new properties from file to item. In case of older items the property value does not get copied from file to item, because the property is missing. This causes serious issues and additional work, when the user does not notice that the values did not get copied and releases the items without the additional information.

Please add properties on item automatically at assign/update item operation, if there is a mapping to item!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report