Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter shortcuts from searches

Filter shortcuts from searches

In Vault we can create shortcuts to lots of drawings for a project.  If we run a search these shortcuts appear within it.  This means that a search with 300 files might return 900 files most of which are duplicate.  Could we have a filter to remove shortcuts from searches so we can see just the base file.

5 Comments
cmcconnell
Collaborator

It is possible to do this now - albeit a bit cumbersome.

If you turn on the Link target Path property, and filter it to show only blanks it will only show you actual files.

It should be a very accessible toggle IMHO though...

corym
Advocate

Clearly, not many are using links in their Vaults...

akosubek
Contributor

@cmcconnell, thanks for the hint. That's really helpful, for starters...

The reason I still voted for this idea is, that even though there is a property for this, the property seems not to be searchable. And only searchable properties seem to be able to be used for custom filters!

I'd like to be able to define a custom filter in my view and never see these darn links again - preferrably without using up screen real estate just to keep the useless (it's always empty, duh!) "link target path" column around.

Bram_Baars
Enthusiast

I currently have a search via the FIND dialog.

Result: >240.000 links and files. Buffer size shows only the first 3.000 results.

I can show the column LINK TARGET PATH, and filter it. But then I have to click the MORE button 80 times to end up with the search result I want...! Feels very unnecessary.

* Why not add the LINK TARGET PATH property in the PROPERTY pulldown menu? At the location of the red arrow?

2020-08-17 10_15_33-Clipboard.png

I'm cleaning up our Vault, setting properties to the correct values, but I run into this issue multiple times a day in this process.

Another great example of an issue that should only be allowed in a beta release of the product. But here we are, years without it being fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report