Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Theme

Dark Theme

There is a real need to have a dark scheme on Vault.

With the white theme there is a huge amount of brightness causing eye strain as it is on a lot of the day.

We run Windows 7 so have very little scope to adjust the windows theme to do this and the high contrast scheme is not usable as some items are not compliant. It needs to be as a in built theme as per AutoCAD.

38 Comments
YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

patrick3HNXX
Enthusiast

When can we expect a dark theme? My eyeballs are melting!

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

Vault Client Dark Theme is available in Vault 2022.2 Update as a Tech Preview. 

Please join the feedback community to get details how to turn this on.

@senthilkumar please add details regarding Tech Preview Dark Theme & feedback community. 

patrick3HNXX
Enthusiast

Ok I joined the feedback community but I am not sure how to find that information.

PualQuek
Autodesk

@patrick3HNXX I have just sent an invitation email with the relevant instructions to your mailbox relating to the Dark Theme. 

Regard,

Paul

gavin.allenHSSRX
Enthusiast

Please can you Dark Theme the websites too (Autodesk one) TYVM

F_Doerr2202
Explorer

@PualQuek @YounesYammouri can you send me an invitation too?

Jason.Rugg
Collaborator

@YounesYammouri I see in a comment above that you stated the dark theme would be available in the 2022.2 update. I just installed 2022.2 this morning, how do you switch over to the dark theme? Thanks

PualQuek
Autodesk

@Jason.Rugg I will send you a PM relating to how to switch on the Dark Theme (Tech Preview) in 2022.2 Update.

richard_grove
Enthusiast

@PualQuek ,

Would you be so kind as to provide me with the details on how to switch to Dark Theme?  Thank you.

PualQuek
Autodesk

@richard_grove I will send you a PM on the details.

amin.nurdin
Participant
[cid:3402081c-0674-45a7-9c0a-a04120c5edc5]

Hi Richad,

you can set in "Tools" menu then choose "Options".
there is Theme you can select from dropdown.

it's still on beta. link for try

fridtjofZM5ME
Collaborator

@PualQuekHi, I would very much like to get the link needed to turn on dark mode in Vault Basic Client 2022.2.2.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Vault 2023 Release now supports Dark and Light themes along with Default Classic Theme. Themes are available only in Vault Pro 2023 and Vault Office 2023. 

fridtjofZM5ME
Collaborator

@Senthil_Kumaris it now...?

Skjermbilde 2022-04-01 083239.jpg

Shouldn't there be a drop-down menu labled "theme" just about where I've drawn then red question-marks?

That this wasn't applied to Vault Basic 2023 as well as Vault Professional 2023 was about the largest dissappointment with this release. I sincerely hope this will be mended in the VB2023.1 update (or in VB2023.0.1 for that matter).

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

@fridtjofZM5ME 

Sorry I should have mentioned. Themes are available only in Vault Pro 2023 and Vault Office 2023. Hope that clears your doubt.

fridtjofZM5ME
Collaborator

@Senthil_KumarAre there plans to implement it in Vault Basic as well? It's pretty much the last piece of software that doesn't have a dark theme, and this doesn't exactly strike me as your typical "DeLuxe"-feature either. The desire for the feature is there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report