Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Installer Very Limited

2022 Installer Very Limited

It seems with the 2022 client installer you no longer have the ability to uninstall the Office Addins. In the 2021 version, the addins got installed by default as well (which was a little annoying), but could be worked around because the 2021 uninstaller allowed you to remove them. Now with the 2022 version, they get get installed and that's that. You have no option to remove them, and this is a problem for configuring clients before use. I do not understand the reasoning behind this change, but please revert it back, so that these can be uninstalled for environments that view them as against policy.

6 Comments
mmTN2BS
Community Visitor

I also ask you to return to the old installation method. With us everything was done via an installation image. Unfortunately, the Vault plug-in for Inventor was not installed. Now everything has to be reinstalled individually, as the features can no longer be added later. How can you be so only come up with a b*******.

ihayesjr
Community Manager

@mmTN2BS 

In the 2022 installer, all CAD Vault add-ins are installed with the client regardless of the CAD application being installed before the Vault client.

llocatelli
Explorer

embarrassing,

this is the correct term in the Italian language. I don't know if it has the same meaning in English

Please bring back the Uninstall Tool for 2022 AND make the option to repair/ reinstall available. 

I agree that addins should be an optional installation setting.  We do not want the addins installed on users machines for a variety of reasons but primarily because of token over consumption by users inadvertently connecting to Vault every time they use Word or Excel.  Even after installation of the addins there is no automated way to remove the addin.  It must be done manually on user-by-user machine or deleting sub-directories which do not remove the addins but disable them by "breaking" something.  Not an ideal way to deal with functionality which is not required in order to use Vault when we are automating software deployment to many machines.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

You can do this by creating a custom install of the client.

ihayesjr_0-1674058269385.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report