Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Used List

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2600 Views, 3 Replies

Where Used List

I would like to place a linked "Where Used" list of an Inventor part from the Vault to an Inventor drawing of that part showing the assemblies that part is used in. Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Anonymous

Go to Where used to tab, select all the files, press CTRL+C (for copy) and then paste them Notepad or where ever you want that text. Does that help?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

You missed reading the word "linked" in my post and that is the main question here.

This is how I achieve what you describe.

In Vault select an Inventor part file that is included in an assembly file.

Select the "Where Used" tab in the panel below.

Go to Print Preview, there you will find a wide variety of options to manipulate and modify the end result including "Export Document As".

I personally use the XLSX file, then save this to where is best for your need, modify what you want to be included and then copy and paste into the Inventor drawing file.

Although I have not verified this yet, as you modify your model and the Where Used tab changes for the part, you can manually revise the XLSX document accordingly and it should update in the drawing.

Manual operations are prone to error. I was told by a certified consultant from my vendor that this linkage is not available. If Inventor could produce a "reversed" Structured BOM starting with a part and indenting to the assemblies it is used in similar to what Vault's Where Used displays... with all the linkage in these software's it shouldn't be to hard, should it?

Message 4 of 4
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Anonymous

I am unsure there is an automatic update. So for now manual way is the only way i think of.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report