Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS Not showing during Inventor Save As

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mtmarchant
203 Views, 2 Replies

VDS Not showing during Inventor Save As

This is a new issue that recently rose, wherein I'm not sure what is causing it. We have had intermittent issues wherein our VDS dialog box would not automatically show during a save or save as in Inventor. My original solution was to navigate to the Vault tab on the Inventor ribbon, and unload, then reload the data standard. This, unfortunately, so longer fixes the issue. VDS shows properly when saving a brand new file for the first time, however it is not showing whenever I issue the Save As command. It worked yesterday - and without any modifications to the VDS or the files to which our VDS points to on our local workspace, it has seemingly stopped working.

Any thoughts as to why, or recommendations to resolve this issue?

*noteworthy comments:
The generate file number dialog does show in place of the VDS.

Yes, iproperties can be edited after the initial save, however this seems like an unnecessary additional step.

Mack Marchant - Project Engineer
Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gcarvac
in reply to: mtmarchant

I am also having this problem, and haven't been able to fix it. This usually happens for me if I cancel a save as dialogue box, and then try to save as again.

Message 3 of 3
mtmarchant
in reply to: gcarvac

Yeah, that seems to be a causing factor for me as well. It has occurred other times randomly, but it always happens whenever I cancel as a save as. Interestingly enough, though, it only causes issues for that particular file - I can open up a different file, go through the save as process, and it works as it should.

So far, my "solution" has been to restart Inventor.
Mack Marchant - Project Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report