Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Add-in for AutoCAD - unknown exception.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
awatt
1415 Views, 3 Replies

Vault Add-in for AutoCAD - unknown exception.

A user is getting an unknown exception when he tries to check in files. (screencap below).

This happens if he uses the check-in button or types the command. However, AutoCAD will check in the file after trying to close the drawing and answering 'yes' when the add-in asks if you want to check the file in.

AutoCAD mechanical 2020, Vault Pro 2020, Windows 10

I have tried:

removing & replacing the vaac menu

deleting & replacing the user profile

repairing AutoCAD

repairing Vault

Removing & replacing the Vault add-ins

Re-installing AutoCAD

Re-installing Vault

Re-naming the .xml files for vault preferences in the user profile.

Started three days ago after working well for months.

UnknownException.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: awatt

Co-worker of @awatt

As this was solved earlier, I feel I should comment about the solution as it could help others. A few weeks back, another program required a upgrade and the C++ redistributable package had to be uninstalled. since these packages (x86 & x64) were missing Autodesk Vault was giving the above error. After reinstalling the packages and a system reboot the expected operational functionally  of Vault returned.

Attached was the reference of anther Autodesk  user's program files to confirm what C++  redistributable packages were needed.

Message 3 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: awatt

@awatt @Anonymous 

Thank you very much for sharing the solution.  I'm glad you got it working.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 4
Rob_Windsor
in reply to: Anonymous

I just came across this error with a client.  He had AutoCAD 2022 with the latest updates, Vault Pro Client with the latest upgrades, and Inventor 2022 with the latest upgrades.  He was not able to Check-In drawings from AutoCAD.  His Inventor was working fine, he said (I took him at his word and did not verify).

We tried a clean uninstall / reinstall of both AutoCAD and Vault Pro Client, but that didn't fix it.

Taking your advise, as it is the only advice I could find on this error, we uninstalled all of the C++ files and reinstalled them.  We actually installed them from the folders/files that came with the Vault install.  

Once they were reinstalled, it worked fine.  Thank You!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report