Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2023.2 Thin client showing blank view page

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
aaronbreaux
578 Views, 9 Replies

Vault 2023.2 Thin client showing blank view page

I have been made aware of an issue today with files showing a blank page instead of the viz file in the thin client . It seems any file not checked out recently (not sure time frame) is not affected but if I were to un-release an unaffected file, check it out, check it in, and release it then I get the blank viz file in the thin client.

We are currently using Inventor 2023.2 & Vault 2023.2

I have attached a video showing this issue

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ihayesjr
in reply to: aaronbreaux

@aaronbreaux 

At :31 seconds into your video you show a visualization file that was created without the warning bar at the top of it. This indicates that the visualization file was created by the Job Processor and not during check-in.

Later, you check the file out save it a check it in but you are creating the DWF during check-in. 

You then get the warning that the visualization file is not system generated.

In Inventor, export the DWG out as a DWF file. See what it returns.

In the Vault Client, go to the view tab and see what it shows.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 10
ihayesjr

By the way, in the Vault Client, you can perform an Update View (Locally) to create the DWF file again. You don't have to check it out and back in.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 10
aaronbreaux
in reply to: ihayesjr

Irvin,

I have attached screen shots of both you ask for. DWF export looks like but the view tab in vault is still blank

Message 5 of 10
aaronbreaux
in reply to: ihayesjr

In vault client I tried both update view locally and job processor. I get the same error for both

aaronbreaux_0-1673998908677.png

aaronbreaux_1-1673998935813.png

Message 6 of 10

Do you have a separate Job Processor account that you use in the Job Processor?

If so you need to ensure that the account has adequate permissions for the files it is creating the visualization for. Also, make sure your hidden DWF files are not following a lifecycle that may be locking these files.

If you don't then I would suggest you create one and configure it with the correct permissions. Maybe post a screen shot of your security Tab of your current lifecycle. I am sure this is a permission issue.

Jonathan_0-1674006936638.png

If this solves your issue please mark this posting with the "ACCEPT SOLUTION".
If you like something that was said or if it was helpful, Likes are appreciated. Thanks!
Message 7 of 10
aaronbreaux

I am also sure it is a permission issue and is something on my list to fix. I inherited a poorly planned out vault. Unfortunately with current workload I can not devote enough time to fixing it but this issue with the thin client is new since it had been working just fine until recently

Message 8 of 10
ihayesjr

@aaronbreaux 

The Job Processor failure is a permissions issue. Also, the Thin Client is not having a problem. It is the creation of the visualization file during Check-in. This was confirmed when you saw the same problem in the Vault thick client.

There could be multiple things going on here that may require more investigation.

I recommend that you create a support ticket to get some direct help.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
rush02112

Message 10 of 10
steveh3

IMHO.....Not sure that using Design Review is a real solution.

There's also another thread out there in regards to same / similar issue.

Best,

Steve H.

Inventor---Vault Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report