Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Subscriber Thin Client

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scottwayand
380 Views, 2 Replies

Slow Subscriber Thin Client

I have an issue with Thin Client performance on one of my subscriber servers.  Performance when connecting to the Publisher via the Thin Client is much quicker than compared to connecting to the Subscriber.  Thick Client performance is pretty much the same, it's just the Thin Client performance that is different.

It's about 3X slower on search results and about 5X slower on folder browsing.  It's not bad for folders with a few files, but we've got many folders with a bunch of files in it.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I'm not sure why each server would be performing differently (they have the same specs and configuration).

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: scottwayand

First thing I would try is use the server IP address instead of the server name i.e. /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/AutodeskTC/Landing

Could be a slow lookup on DNS?

Message 3 of 3
scottwayand
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did try the IP address already with no change in performance.

And to clarify, this is on 2014 Vault Professional and the old web client, not the newer thin client.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report