Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF file check-in does not work

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Toon.Broothaerts
962 Views, 7 Replies

PDF file check-in does not work

Dear all, if I try to drag and drop a PDF into Vault. Vault show zero progress and freezes. I'm running Vault Professional 2018. The file is rather small and comes from my desktop. I already cleared my %temp%.

PDFCheckInFail.png

Thank you,

Toon Broothaerts

If my answer solved your question, please mark it as 'solution'. Else, feel free to contact me!
Labels (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

One of my customer have experienced the same problem for years, still not sure what is the ultimate cause of the problem. 

We suspect it has something to do with the Adobe PDF ifilter that is installed on the server. Have you also installed this on your server? Please let me know, we are planning to do more tests recently.

Message 3 of 8

@Toon.Broothaerts 

I know this sounds strange but are you 100% sure there is not a pop-up off screen?  We have noticed that in this time with many users working remotely there have been pop-ups off screen or behind others.

Secondly have you seen what permissions for dragging and dropping files you have in Vault?

Thomas "Matt" Schaefer
Engineering Tooling and Vault Manager for Material Handling Systems MHS

*AU Speaker 2018*
* AU Speaker 2017 *
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.
Message 4 of 8

@Toon.Broothaerts We get this issue every month or so (less than 100 active users in our Vault). The fix/workaround is to log in to your Vault Server and open command prompt, then type "iisreset". After the IIS is reset, which should take a few seconds, you should be good to check in any PDFs again.

We are still working out the details on why this happens. I guess you could try re-installing your Adobe iFilter on the server as well.

Message 5 of 8

Problem fixed itself when we upgraded to Vault Professional 2021. Didn't know this was still open. 😬

Thank you guys for your input. If this problem should re-arise, I will be happy to do some troubleshooting.

Kind regards,

Toon Broothaerts

If my answer solved your question, please mark it as 'solution'. Else, feel free to contact me!
Message 6 of 8

@Gabriel_Watson 

Was anything ever determined from this? I have issues every couple months where the vault will stop accepting check-ins of PDF files.

Vault 2024.

Thanks,

Message 7 of 8

No, I've moved on since then, but I would say this issue is on the verge of what lies in Autodesk's responsibility, and there is not enough attention being brought to it by users. It is an issue with the iFilter software at the job processor or server. That's all I know and where I would focus talks with a reseller or consultant that may know how to upgrade it or try a different brand.
Message 8 of 8

We do not Index PDFs on our ADMS. Windows Searching is disabled, and there are no 3rd party iFilters installed. 

When the issue occurs, I can replicate the issue when checking a file in via the Vault Client, or via the Job Processor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report