Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iprops missing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
215 Views, 2 Replies

iprops missing

I have a strange one here. At the beginning of the month someone noticed that our client vault explorers weren't showing some of the iprops when doing a search. I.E. description, designer, rev ect. ect. not showing up. I have been working with our supplier and IT and we can't get it working. IT re-index'd our vault server yesterday and it seemed to work initially in that everything was showing in a search but now when something is checked in it doesn't show that info again. The models, assy, and drawings have the info in them but vault won't display it. Any thoughts.

Joe Sienko
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Joe,

What release of Vault are you using? If 2009 can you make sure that those
properties in the admin dialog are set to be "in Use" and "Searched"

Craig

"joesienko" wrote in message news:5988098@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a strange one here. At the beginning of the month someone noticed
that our client vault explorers weren't showing some of the iprops when
doing a search. I.E. description, designer, rev ect. ect. not showing up.
I have been working with our supplier and IT and we can't get it working.
IT re-index'd our vault server yesterday and it seemed to work initially in
that everything was showing in a search but now when something is checked in
it doesn't show that info again. The models, assy, and drawings have the
info in them but vault won't display it. Any thoughts.

Joe Sienko
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We are running IV 10 with Vault 4. Our Vault server and clients have no service packs installed.

Please see the attached jpg. IT just asked me if it is working. I check out my test part and drawing. move the view on the drawing, change the color on the part and check it back in. notice that the descripton, SN (custom field), designer, author are all blank. If I do a search in the vault for the SN field of "DIPPITY DO DAH" the vault can't find the part.

this is a test part. our real SN field is the parts 6digit part number. We start all part names with a 5 digit engineering number with brief desciption name I.E. 12345 Pen Top.ipt Once we think this part will work we get a 6 digit P/N assigned. this 6 digit number is assigned to a custom field we call SN it's whats on the drawing and what everyone knows the part as. When someone asks about that 6 digit number we do a search in the vault and now the vault can't find it.. BIG PROBLEM RIGHT NOW..

Joe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report