Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Title Block not updating after Update Properties on Vault tab

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
f_calebh
696 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Title Block not updating after Update Properties on Vault tab

I keep running into this issues at random, and it may be an Inventor Issue instead of a Vault issue, but occasionally my Title Block doesn't update with modified iproperties when using the Update Properties button on the Vault tab.

Work flow:

Update Properties using the data cards.

Use update properties button on Vault tab.

*Title Block doesn't update

https://www.screencast.com/t/smMUQ4Xoa6Ej

(here's a link to a video. I'm not seeing a way to attach files anymore?)

The fix is to  open and close the iproperties dialog box.  Then the Title Block Updates.

Again, this seems to be random behavior. But it happens quite a bit and can be quite annoying. 

Tags (1)
Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ihayesjr
in reply to: f_calebh

Hmmm. I have tried a few different ways to reproduce what you show in your video and I cannot reproduce it.

I am using Vault and Inventor 2022.

Are you on the latest updates for Vault and Inventor 2020?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 5
f_calebh
in reply to: ihayesjr

Looks like I'm short an update for Inventor.  I have 2020.3.2.  I'll get 2020.4.2 updated and keep an eye on it.  It doesn't happen all the time, though, so I'll have to monitor it. 

Vault is up to date. 

Message 4 of 5
f_jacobc
in reply to: f_calebh

I am also running into this same issue with update version 2020.4.3. The title block will not update until I open up the iProperties, exactly like the screencast posted by f_calebh.

Message 5 of 5
f_calebh
in reply to: ihayesjr

@ihayesjr 

As Jacob mentioned he's seeing the same issues as I am and I worked with him a bit to try some different things.

We've tried both custom iproperties and regular properties with the same results.

I even added a property link into a standard text field to test along with the title block sketch symbol and got the same results. If I clicked on that text block to edit, then the property would update, but only in that text block.  The document just isn't refreshing appropriately.  

Another test was updating Revision information with datacards. These actually updated correctly, but these aren't linked to any iproperties.

Anyway, some more information to go on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report