Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing properties not updating upon check in after Vault 2025 upgrade

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Brett.Trimpe
935 Views, 23 Replies

Drawing properties not updating upon check in after Vault 2025 upgrade

Recently upgraded from Vault Pro server 2023 to 2025 and noticed that changes on the mapped attributes on our DWG were not being passed along to Vault at check in. The visualizations and everything are correct but if we synchronize properties, Vault will overwrite the drawing with the previous version's values. As of now, all other functions seem to work. 

We were running SQL server 2016 SP3 and thought maybe it was because of this so we upgraded to SQL server 2022 but are still seeing the same results. We are in the process or doing a re-index just in case. 

Anyone see any similar issues when they upgraded to 2025?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
ihayesjr
in reply to: Brett.Trimpe

I replied to your message.

What category do the drawings get assigned to on first check-in?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 22 of 24
jamesY3MCP

I can confirm that i am having the exact same issue.
however the config i am using is significantly simpler.
a single AutoCAD (Vanilla) block with just a few Attributes.
each Vault UDP only has a single mapped to the one block.

Issue

- 1. When Checking in a drawing from AutoCAD 2025, the Vault does not read the values from the AutoCAD Title Block.
 - 2. Select Properties, then go to mapping, attempt to create a new mapping. Click "Import from Vault", Select a drawing with the desired Title Block. This results with the following error (Screenshopt).

jamesY3MCP_0-1722142326722.png

If i use "Import from file" it works correctly.

After mapping, i can update the value in Vault and the bidirectional mapping, correctly updates value in the block

Message 23 of 24
jamesY3MCP

I can confirm that i am having the exact same issue. 

I have done the Mapping correctly. i have listed my block on the server "A3FRAME" 

I have reproduced this on several Virtual Servers with different Vault Databases

Issue

- 1. When Checking in a drawing from AutoCAD 2025, the Vault does not read the values from the AutoCAD Title Block.
 - 2. Select Properties, then go to mapping, attempt to create a new mapping. Click "Import from Vault", Select a drawing with the desired Title Block. This results with the following error (Screenshot).

If i use "Import from file" it works correctly.

After mapping, i can update the value in Vault and the bidirectional mapping, correctly updates value in the block

Message 24 of 24
jamesY3MCP

Ok, I have worked out the issue.
Unfortunately, it was an operating system issue. I was running Windows Server 2016. after upgrading to 2022 the issue disappeared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report