Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing properties not updating upon check in after Vault 2025 upgrade

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Brett.Trimpe
931 Views, 23 Replies

Drawing properties not updating upon check in after Vault 2025 upgrade

Recently upgraded from Vault Pro server 2023 to 2025 and noticed that changes on the mapped attributes on our DWG were not being passed along to Vault at check in. The visualizations and everything are correct but if we synchronize properties, Vault will overwrite the drawing with the previous version's values. As of now, all other functions seem to work. 

We were running SQL server 2016 SP3 and thought maybe it was because of this so we upgraded to SQL server 2022 but are still seeing the same results. We are in the process or doing a re-index just in case. 

Anyone see any similar issues when they upgraded to 2025?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
ihayesjr
in reply to: Brett.Trimpe

Please check your property mappings and the priority order of the mappings. The upgrade would not have changed this setting.

Are these title block attributes?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 24
Brett.Trimpe
in reply to: ihayesjr

The mappings and priorities worked prior to the upgrade. We even tried creating a new block and mapping attributes from the new block with the same results. When creating the new mappings, we did get the error listed on this knowledge base: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-selected-file-...

We tried the solution from the knowledge base without any success. Can create mapping based on file rather than from vault but still does not populate.

Message 4 of 24
ihayesjr

Can you share a drawing file with the attributes in it?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 24
Brett.Trimpe

This is our template file that we use. It was tested and passed when we were using Vault pro 2023.

appreciate your help!

Message 6 of 24
ihayesjr

Are you using this with Civil 3D?

This opened as if it were a Civil 3D drawing.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 24
Brett.Trimpe

No, Just Vanilla ACAD with express tools.

Message 8 of 24
ihayesjr

This drawing is a Civil 3D drawing. You should not be using it with vanilla AutoCAD.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 24
ihayesjr

Every time you open this file you should see this message.

ihayesjr_0-1719948415901.png

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 24
Brett.Trimpe

Apologies on my part, I'm not quite sure what you're driving at with the screenshot. The drawings/templates we use have worked for the past 8+ years. As a part of our troubleshooting steps, we created a brand new drawing based on the ACAD.DWT file, created a new block in it. Added that block to the server and created a new property in Vault to map the block attribute to and still had the same result. We tried to eliminate any of our "fingerprints" on the files to make sure it wasn't something there.

Message 11 of 24
ihayesjr

I was able to add your EVERGY_TB block, map the DWG_NUM property, and extract the value on check-in.

ihayesjr_0-1719950046142.png

Can you share a screenshot of the property mapping?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 24
WayneArndt

Hello, I'm a co-working with Brett and also one of the Admins for Vault. Attached is the current property mapping for DWG NO. the 2 mappings at the top are both active autocad templates that are being used, everything under them is all legacy templates that are no longer being used, but have not been updated yet.

Message 13 of 24
ihayesjr
in reply to: WayneArndt

Ok, that looks right.

Can you show the Index Block Attributes dialog from the ADMS Console?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 24
Brett.Trimpe

As Wayne mentioned, we have a lot of legacy templates some of which could probably be removed but our most active ones are at the top.

Message 15 of 24
Brett.Trimpe

Not sure if this adds any information to the hunt but I tried to check in a brand new drawing with new values on the attributes. When i check in and catergorize, vault properties do not update but it will tell me that the drawing is not the right version and to refresh.  when i do a sync properties, i get this screen (attached). So it seems Vault is pulling the values but somehow not populating the properties with the values and trying to write back null data upon syncing. 

Message 16 of 24
WayneArndt

This issue seems to be only on the 2D AutoCAD side, All mappings for Inventor Drawings (idw's), Parts and Assemblies are checking in and updating the Vault property grid just fine.

Message 17 of 24
ihayesjr

Can you try deleting one of the title block property mappings and recreate it?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 18 of 24
WayneArndt

Thanks for the response, Irvin, we have tried doing that with several of the property mappings with no success. We have also tried creating one that uses DWGPROPS instead of an attributed block. It really seems that nothing is getting read from a AutoCAD file (new or previously vaulted) at check-in. The only thing showing up at all are the system properties such as file name, file size, etc...

Message 19 of 24
ihayesjr

On your server, Select the Vault you are using. Right-click on it and select Export Configuration.

Send me that file in a private message.

I will take a look at it.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 20 of 24
Brett.Trimpe

Thanks, I went ahead and sent the file your way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report